Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 403

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Hevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Zenobia Septimia
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    I had no idea having to unlearn positionals would feel this bad. Im not even done with ShB, on post msq (16 quests left). I miss Elixir field ogcd a lot more than I probably should, especially out of combat to avoid the cringe fall damage animation or just to see my character Kamehameha while run jumping in town like a boss. After 1-80 playing the job, I kind of want to swap to something else but it feels like its too late. I decided Monk was my main at level 74 (had PLD side by side leveling but had to choose unless I wanted to grind) and now I am stuck playing a job I am not having fun with. Might just boost PLD(74) or WHM(70) to 80 and shelve the class I want to actually play.
    (7)

  2. #2
    Player
    Kolsykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,024
    Character
    Aelona Chillwind
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hevens View Post
    I miss Elixir field ogcd a lot more than I probably should,

    I don't understand why they made Flint Strike the skill that gets replaced...
    It was a new ability, instead it's Elixir Field that stays the same?
    Like instead of letting us use a new ability at 90 they just prioritized an old ogcd and turned it into a gcd instead lol?

    Edit: Also I hate the Disciplined Fists icon, it looks too similar to a lot of other stuff and just blends together it's way harder to see than the old Twin Snakes.
    I dunno why they changed this they did it on DRG and SAM too for the worse.

    On SAM I thought that the red was going to be the damage buff because that seemed logical, but nope it's blue = damage and red = speed???
    (2)
    Last edited by Kolsykol; 12-04-2021 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #3
    Player
    ssunny2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    581
    Character
    Micela Arzur
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolsykol View Post
    I don't understand why they made Flint Strike the skill that gets replaced...
    It was a new ability, instead it's Elixir Field that stays the same?
    Like instead of letting us use a new ability at 90 they just prioritized an old ogcd and turned it into a gcd instead lol?

    Edit: Also I hate the Disciplined Fists icon, it looks too similar to a lot of other stuff and just blends together it's way harder to see than the old Twin Snakes.
    I dunno why they changed this they did it on DRG and SAM too for the worse.

    On SAM I thought that the red was going to be the damage buff because that seemed logical, but nope it's blue = damage and red = speed???
    Given to the tooltips it´s elixier field which is getting replaced by the phoenix-skill on 86 and TK by phantom on 90. (Sry don´t know the englisch names yet.)
    Or do you mean something different?!
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Kolsykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,024
    Character
    Aelona Chillwind
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ssunny2008 View Post
    Given to the tooltips it´s elixier field which is getting replaced by the phoenix-skill on 86 and TK by phantom on 90. (Sry don´t know the englisch names yet.)
    Or do you mean something different?!
    It's the other way around.

    '' Flint Strike Mastery
    Lv. 86 Upgrades Flint Strike to Rising Phoenix. ''
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player
    Mikey_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,774
    Character
    Mike Aettir
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ssunny2008 View Post
    Given to the tooltips it´s elixier field which is getting replaced by the phoenix-skill on 86 and TK by phantom on 90. (Sry don´t know the englisch names yet.)
    Or do you mean something different?!
    No, Flint Strike is getting replaced and Elixir Field is staying the same. The 3 main Blitzes at 90 will be Elixir Field, Rising Phoenix and Phantom Rush.
    (1)

  6. #6
    Player
    ssunny2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    581
    Character
    Micela Arzur
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_R View Post
    No, Flint Strike is getting replaced and Elixir Field is staying the same. The 3 main Blitzes at 90 will be Elixir Field, Rising Phoenix and Phantom Rush.
    Alright i see... there is a tooltip issue in german then. Rising pheonix tells me to open a Lunar Nadi instead of the Solar one. In english it seems all correct.
    (0)
    Last edited by ssunny2008; 12-04-2021 at 08:48 PM.

  7. #7
    Player
    Cizal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Cizal Cross
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    I've played monk since arr and this is by far the worst the job has ever felt to play. Blitzes aren't interesting as they're currently designed, and especially not enough to warrant dumping every positional and every ogcd besides chakra based ones supposedly in service of them. Hoping for a miracle accident like in 4.3 again that makes everything work but more likely i'm just gonna end up switching jobs entirely cuz what's the point of playing a job that's basically just mashing together sam and nin's major mechanics in a worse way when i could play either of them instead?
    (11)

  8. #8
    Player
    Kolsykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,024
    Character
    Aelona Chillwind
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizal View Post
    I've played monk since arr and this is by far the worst the job has ever felt to play. Blitzes aren't interesting as they're currently designed, and especially not enough to warrant dumping every positional and every ogcd besides chakra based ones supposedly in service of them. Hoping for a miracle accident like in 4.3 again that makes everything work but more likely i'm just gonna end up switching jobs entirely cuz what's the point of playing a job that's basically just mashing together sam and nin's major mechanics in a worse way when i could play either of them instead?
    Honestly I'd rather take a significant CD reduction to Perfect Balance with some potency nerfs to make up for it.
    The Job just feels so empty, especially now that the lack of positionals have sunk in and are on my mind, before I instinctually kept moving but now that I am not and I am just moving back and forth to get ready for Snap Punch or Demolish it's so booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring....
    (4)

  9. #9
    Player
    Dewslam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    222
    Character
    Dewslam Beefgrab
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolsykol View Post
    Honestly I'd rather take a significant CD reduction to Perfect Balance with some potency nerfs to make up for it.
    The Job just feels so empty, especially now that the lack of positionals have sunk in and are on my mind, before I instinctually kept moving but now that I am not and I am just moving back and forth to get ready for Snap Punch or Demolish it's so booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring....
    They should retool anatman and six sided star. Turn them into proper OGCDs or something to fill the niches tornado kick and elixir field used to or something.
    (1)

  10. #10
    Player
    Kolsykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,024
    Character
    Aelona Chillwind
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewslam View Post
    They should retool anatman and six sided star. Turn them into proper OGCDs or something to fill the niches tornado kick and elixir field used to or something.
    SSS being made a ogcd and Anatman being made more useful would at least make it a tad more interesting.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast