Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    You can do the loft glitch in any housing skin to my knowledge. But it is pretty much restricted to being above windows and doors only. You can't put it on the pillars.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    You can do the loft glitch in any housing skin to my knowledge. But it is pretty much restricted to being above windows and doors only. You can't put it on the pillars.
    Yeah, I read that but I still can't get it to work. The pilasters are really squished together in a cottage, which is why I thought maybe they were in the way (because the stage is wide than the space between the pilasters). I use a gaming controller, but I've tried using both controller and mouse to do it with no success.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Pillars have no bearing on whether or not you can place a loft, as they can intersect the loft normally. The upper floor of a cottage is the same size as an FC room or apartment, which I have placed lofts in both of those. It's just a really fiddly and tricky glitch.
    (1)

cerise leclaire

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZYSTAR View Post
    Yeah, I read that but I still can't get it to work. The pilasters are really squished together in a cottage, which is why I thought maybe they were in the way (because the stage is wide than the space between the pilasters). I use a gaming controller, but I've tried using both controller and mouse to do it with no success.
    It can be done in cottages (I've got 4 placed in my apartment, which has the same pilaster spacing) but some housing skins and interiors are harder to work with than others. I have a much harder time placing a loft in Lavender Beds than I do in Mist and I think the wainscot might be part of the problem. I feel like I can't get as close to the wall in Lavender Beds.

Patience is the key. When it doesn't place, just keep trying. Eventually you'll hit that sweet spot and it will snap into place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I would highly recommend swapping your cottage's housing skin to one of the Merchant's etc walls, which tend to be very cheap on the MB. These are the easiest skins to place the loft on. Then, you can swap back to the skin you want to use without anything moving.
    (2)

cerise leclaire

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Pillars can't have items placed on them, but they tend to effect the Line of Sight you can get to the sweet spot on the window where an item can be placed. The Goblet and Lavender Beds have pillars that have larger hitboxes then the pillars in Mist and Shirogane and as a result people seem to have more trouble floating large items in those housing districts. That's not to say it can't be done, just that people spend a lot longer getting items floated in those housing districts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Thanks, everyone. I have been trying for so looong, but I can't get it. XD Sobbing. If the merchant's house & my current skin are cheap on my server, I shall try that out as well. /thumbsup
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It's a real pain to get the hang off, I had to keep trying and trying and trying until suddenly it just clicked into place in my brain. Now it's pretty easy to put them up, although still not 100% success rate .

Helps to be at 90 degrees to the wall you're placing it on and zoomed awkwardly far in, the stage basically has to be as far into the wall as you can get it. As you move about, adjust your camera, and slide the stage about you should notice it "sinking" into the wall (or "floating" back out again.)
    It's hard to explain, you're basically getting the stage sunk as deep into the wall as you can, then sliding it about above the window you want it mounted on until it "jumps" out a bit, then edging it back up until it "drops" back into place.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yui Shinome
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    ok i been working on a jazz bar theme on my basement and i made a stage made from hingan sideboards, now i want to float a piano on that stage but i dont know how.... any tips?
    (0)

10. 06-06-2018 04:05 AM

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by nillus View Post
    ok i been working on a jazz bar theme on my basement and i made a stage made from hingan sideboards, now i want to float a piano on that stage but i dont know how.... any tips?
    I've heard that you can use baseboards to float stages, so you might be able to use this to float a piano. I'm not sure it it would work, but since the piano is not a tabletop item there really isn't any other way to do it that I am currently aware of.
    (0)

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast