Results 1 to 10 of 1321

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    minopoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    67
    Character
    Poki Epocan
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendi View Post
    So I have tested out the solution to route the audio trough the Virtual audio cable by using the mentioned VB-Audio + Voice Meter (both can be downloaded on their website, you can get one virtual audio cable for free). After installling and restarting your PC, it is important to setup voice meter (or their audio mixer variant) so your main audio output, whatever you have (A1) is routed to the virtual cable (A2).
    I have been testing this solution for around 60 min now as I am writing this, it does seem to work; if it stops working I will update the post!

    Note: If someone else want to try this, would be appreciated. More people would give a better overwiev.
    I tried the mentioned softwares, and it didn't work at all for me, but maybe I'm setting it up wrong...
    I have VoiceMeteer set as my standard audio device. Should I change FFXIV audio device to something else?
    Inside the VoiceMeteer app, i set my speakers as A1, tried both VB-Audio Input or nothing to A2, didn't make a difference.
    Also, there are WDM and MME options for each device, and I don't know the difference. Tried changing them, and no difference.
    Also, should I change something to audio input in the software?

    EDIT: btw, something I had already tried a few days ago using the VB audio cables (I didn't have VoiceMeteer installed), was transmitting the game audio through a Google Meet reunion to my cell phone.
    I set FFXIV audio output to VB cable input, then I set Chrome audio input to VB cable output, joined a Google Meet reunion, then joined the same reunion as another user in my phone, so I could hear game audio from it, and it would still stutter from my phone.
    (0)
    Last edited by minopoki; 12-23-2021 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    GorthRedsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    43
    Character
    Gorth Redsteel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by minopoki View Post
    I tried the mentioned softwares, and it didn't work at all for me, but maybe I'm setting it up wrong...
    I have VoiceMeteer set as my standard audio device. Should I change FFXIV audio device to something else?
    Inside the VoiceMeteer app, i set my speakers as A1, tried both VB-Audio Input or nothing to A2, didn't make a difference.
    Also, there are WDM and MME options for each device, and I don't know the difference. Tried changing them, and no difference.
    Also, should I change something to audio input in the software?
    Don't get your hopes up and don't waste the time. How many different MIRACLE solutions people have posted already? Not a single of them work. We either upgrade our hardware. or SE stops being lazy and fixes the bug. We may wait for the 6.05, but let's be honest - it's still gonna be broken by then. Maybe in 6 months they finally release a statement that the game doesn't support PCs with older chipsets. Unlucky us. Save your pennies, and play other games in the meantime.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    paga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    14
    Character
    Azault Vilauclaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by GorthRedsteel View Post
    Don't get your hopes up and don't waste the time. How many different MIRACLE solutions people have posted already? Not a single of them work. We either upgrade our hardware. or SE stops being lazy and fixes the bug. We may wait for the 6.05, but let's be honest - it's still gonna be broken by then. Maybe in 6 months they finally release a statement that the game doesn't support PCs with older chipsets. Unlucky us. Save your pennies, and play other games in the meantime.
    I have a Ryzen 7 5600 and have audio issues so def. not only on old hardware.
    (5)

  4. #4
    Player
    minopoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    67
    Character
    Poki Epocan
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GorthRedsteel View Post
    Don't get your hopes up and don't waste the time. How many different MIRACLE solutions people have posted already? Not a single of them work. We either upgrade our hardware. or SE stops being lazy and fixes the bug. We may wait for the 6.05, but let's be honest - it's still gonna be broken by then. Maybe in 6 months they finally release a statement that the game doesn't support PCs with older chipsets. Unlucky us. Save your pennies, and play other games in the meantime.
    Once my current sub expires, I'm unsubbing the game until it someday works again. Not sure if I will wanna get back if that takes too long, though.
    Right now I was just hoping we could bring SE's attention to this, but it really doesn't seem they care much about this.
    (2)

  5. #5
    Player
    Maeklos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    66
    Character
    Theodora Krastinov
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by minopoki View Post
    Once my current sub expires, I'm unsubbing the game until it someday works again. Not sure if I will wanna get back if that takes too long, though.
    Right now I was just hoping we could bring SE's attention to this, but it really doesn't seem they care much about this.
    This is, to me, the really sad part. I've seen posts on other topics today, but nothing on any of the sound issues. Not even a "we're looking into this" post. My "cynical gamer sense" tells me there's two possibilities: there's a hotfix coming like, really friggin' soon; OR they just want to ignore this issue because they have no idea what's causing it and hope that by ignoring it then it'll go away.

    EDIT: Ask and they shall appear! Thanks for at least letting us know the problem's been heard, Sicycre. ♥
    (0)
    Last edited by Maeklos; 12-23-2021 at 09:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Player
    GorthRedsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    43
    Character
    Gorth Redsteel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeklos View Post
    EDIT: Ask and they shall appear! Thanks for at least letting us know the problem's been heard, Sicycre. ♥
    Yeah the problem has been heard after 20 days of silence. Imagine when they are gonna release a fix if they JUST NOW started researching the issue - if they even end up succeeding. For now enjoy having to play through the game in silence, I'm sure that's gonna help you get invested in the story of it.
    (3)

  7. #7
    Player
    Maeklos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    66
    Character
    Theodora Krastinov
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by GorthRedsteel View Post
    Yeah the problem has been heard after 20 days of silence. Imagine when they are gonna release a fix if they JUST NOW started researching the issue - if they even end up succeeding. For now enjoy having to play through the game in silence, I'm sure that's gonna help you get invested in the story of it.
    The problem is really that they -were- working on a fix. They thought that the changes they implemented with 6.01 would fix the problem. Unfortunately, the changes just made it all worse. So, so much worse...

    Plus, we're running into the whole Endwalker launch server issues, the holiday weekend coming up which means short-staffing issues, and all of that. It's going to be a not-fun time for a couple weeks yet, I imagine.
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    Timidity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    19
    Character
    Johnny' Sins
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by GorthRedsteel View Post
    Yeah the problem has been heard after 20 days of silence. Imagine when they are gonna release a fix if they JUST NOW started researching the issue - if they even end up succeeding. For now enjoy having to play through the game in silence, I'm sure that's gonna help you get invested in the story of it.
    At least it has been heard of and it will be addressed. You are very much skeptical, and I do understand, but you are very much underestimating Square... You are free to take a break if its really bothering you and come back later
    (1)

  9. #9
    Player
    GorthRedsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    43
    Character
    Gorth Redsteel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Timidity View Post
    At least it has been heard of and it will be addressed. You are very much skeptical, and I do understand, but you are very much underestimating Square... You are free to take a break if its really bothering you and come back later
    Imagine defending a company that has released a damaged product that you had to buy. Maybe the audio issue isn't as bad at your end but for me it's horrendous. Even Blizzard wouldn't dare to fuck up this badly - maybe that's why PTR and BETA are worth the hassle, huh? Don't mind me though, it's forbidden to point out obvious mistakes of SE as they are the new saviours of the genre as some would like to proclaim. I'd love to be proven wrong but somehow I just know it's gonna take em forever to solve this bug.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player
    minopoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    67
    Character
    Poki Epocan
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Timidity View Post
    At least it has been heard of and it will be addressed. You are very much skeptical, and I do understand, but you are very much underestimating Square... You are free to take a break if its really bothering you and come back later
    I don't see things to be very promising either.
    All we had was just another comment that gives more importance to our system specs than to the game engine itself.
    It really seems they haven't still understood the problem and aren't giving much importance to it, whether or not it's because of more urgent matters related to server overload.
    The reality is we got no real perspective to an early fix, or of a response to the legacy sound option request.

    I think I've done my part. I've already submitted my system specs via 2 different channels, been very active here in the forums discussing the problem in attempt of a solution, even wrote a thread in Japanese, and now I got kinda tired, not to say disappointed.

    It's hard to leave a game that's been part of my life for 2 years, and that I was so excited to follow the story, not to mention the frustration of having spent so much money in a expansion that was VERY expensive in my country and not be able to play it. And, besides everything, the perspective of exploring the expansion as new together with the player community is already lost.

    I can't tell if SE is neglecting us or if they really don't have the time/resources to look into this, but at this point, it doesn't matter anymore to me.
    I really believe we'll be, patch after patch starting 6.05 on Jan 4th, hoping to see it was fixed just to see it was not, until someday, months from now, when we'll either finally have a miracle fix, or a note telling us they finally realized they can't do anything about this.

    I'll be very happy if you're right and I'm really underestimating SquareEnix, but I'm kind of resigned.
    Although, it's personally sad to me, I'll just leave this matter be, play other things, focus on other things in life, and if I hear this was fixed, I might return to the game.
    (12)

Tags for this Thread