Results 1 to 10 of 62

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    gw1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    23
    Character
    Bjel Rehw-dvre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurhz View Post
    They rarely actually examine the issues and the reasons why people take issues.. Their entire feedback mechanism is built on... See issue? Remove the associated content or render it to obscurity, rather than thinking why, and how they can actually improve on the content and address those issues.. Take Coven weapons for example from the Diadem EM... They had vast negative feedback, but instead of thinking "Maybe the issue is that we incorporated layered RNG", e.g., random weapon on top of random stats... They go... "No we need to remove this", and since this very time over 8 years ago they have been deathly afraid of doing even a minutiae of change in their rigid gearing structure, and this has only spread to every facet of the game.
    I thought it was something like this, which I and many others agree was a bad direction to take (though the severity of the problem is up for debate). However, we have heard Yoshida directly address this issue in recent interviews and panels, so right now, I, for one, am in a "wait and see" mode. Whatever comes next is out of our hands until we actually get it in our hands to provide feedback on it.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnc View Post
    Before you hit the post button, please check the following: Is
    your claim correct?
    Is it written subjectively or based on unfounded assumptions?
    Is there unnecessary information mixed in? Could
    you write it more succinctly? Would there be anyone who would be offended by reading it?

  2. #2
    Player
    Kaurhz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,118
    Character
    Asuka Kirai
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1fan View Post
    I thought it was something like this, which I and many others agree was a bad direction to take (though the severity of the problem is up for debate). However, we have heard Yoshida directly address this issue in recent interviews and panels, so right now, I, for one, am in a "wait and see" mode. Whatever comes next is out of our hands until we actually get it in our hands to provide feedback on it.
    It's honestly less the severity of a given single problem, and mostly just a combination of problems which end up feeding into each other and then going into a full ripple... e.g., removal of systems in HW-era was a lot less severe because the game had depth, whether that was down to jank, or actual dept, of course can be up for debate, but generally it lent itself to people being able to engage more substantively.. Like if I didn't like raiding, then that was OK... What you could do in terms of crafting more than rivalled it, same with relics and the sort.

    I am sadly a lot more pessimistic.. I think the damage is done, and I think even if they did or could do all these nice things again,.. I think ultimately they will just get undermined by the absence of that fundamental depth.. Like, take expert recipes for example... These were meant to appease the RNG/difficulty-based enjoys, and I am one of those folk... But without that actual class depth (crafting abilities), it just feels like an empty or very much incomplete experience, and with how they have approached changes like BLM... It just tells me that, that specific principle is still going to persist, even if they try and introduce that stress or difficulty once more.
    (3)