Results 1 to 10 of 472

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player kidvideo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    803
    Character
    Ember Rage
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    So if I run through, say, the Sylphlands on my choco & something agros me... my egi stops to deal with it but I keep going. Egi withdraws & the mob goes back to doing what it was doing. Is that resetting? Will the Touched Ones report this one for harassment?
    (11)

  2. #2
    Player
    Brine_Gildchaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    380
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by kidvideo View Post
    So if I run through, say, the Sylphlands on my choco & something agros me... my egi stops to deal with it but I keep going. Egi withdraws & the mob goes back to doing what it was doing. Is that resetting? Will the Touched Ones report this one for harassment?
    I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here. "Resetting" refers to attacking a mob and generating a large amount of burst aggro, then deliberately retreating so the monster follows you past its "leash" distance. When this happens the monster runs back to its starting point, becomes temporarily invulnerable, and once it reaches its starting point it recovers to 100% HP. If it's a hunt mark or a FATE monster, any contribution points are also reset at this time.
    (2)

  3. #3
    Player Eidolon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,373
    Character
    Muhau Nbolo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brine_Gildchaff View Post
    I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here. "Resetting" refers to attacking a mob and generating a large amount of burst aggro, then deliberately retreating so the monster follows you past its "leash" distance. When this happens the monster runs back to its starting point, becomes temporarily invulnerable, and once it reaches its starting point it recovers to 100% HP. If it's a hunt mark or a FATE monster, any contribution points are also reset at this time.

    Aye. I don't think anyone would fault you for resetting in that case. Especially considering an A-rank could probably demolish a single player if they're undergeared to some of us 100+'s running around.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player kidvideo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    803
    Character
    Ember Rage
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Brine_Gildchaff View Post
    When this happens the monster runs back to its starting point, becomes temporarily invulnerable, and once it reaches its starting point it recovers to 100% HP. If it's a hunt mark or a FATE monster, any contribution points are also reset at this time.
    Jeeze, I've been doing this unintentionally... if a fate is kicking my egi's butt, if my DF queue pops, or those damn fates with a small radius, kite too wide & my level sync pops. I'm looking at you Steropes... get it? "Looking".
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    Brine_Gildchaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    380
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by kidvideo View Post
    Jeeze, I've been doing this unintentionally... if a fate is kicking my egi's butt, if my DF queue pops, or those damn fates with a small radius, kite too wide & my level sync pops. I'm looking at you Steropes... get it? "Looking".
    No, I think you're fine. If I remember right, the way FATEs are coded, if you grab a DF queue or level desyncs, it counts as setting your enmity to zero, so Steropes or whoever you're fighting will just spin around to glare at whoever's #2 on the enmity list. And there's no problem with retreating from a FATE that you're getting annihilated on. The problem here is someone deliberately running up to an elite mark that's already being fought and deliberately resetting it. Since it causes stress and wipes out the contribution from whoever was already fighting it, it's considered harassment to do it.
    (1)