Page 925 of 939 FirstFirst ... 425 825 875 915 923 924 925 926 927 935 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 9390
  1. #9241
    Player
    Boblawblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    2,328
    Character
    Shara Dei-ji
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's a classic anime trope, the villain that has done unforgivable things, massacred millions, but suddenly after they're defeated, they have a long speech where we come to an understanding and realize that we're not all that different after all. It's why the turks in FFVII remake/rebirth are lovable rapscallions, despite being the cause of thousands of people dying, and Cloud trying to actually kill one of them is like this big deal.
    (1)

  2. #9242
    Player
    Dorito_Burrito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Posts
    208
    Character
    Dorito Burrito
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    If it was inevitable, it should be made to be believable that it was inevitable. Efforts outlined above should have been shown and defeated within the scene.

    As it stands, the fact that Venat can precision materialize a second Argos to save the WoL from their fall means she could have materialized another Argos ahead of Meteion and caught her.

    Cutscenes revolving around pivotal events shouldn't be careless. If we were wrapped in chains for the majority of the monologuing, that would be one thing, but we were not.
    Argos can create a double of itself. Not only does Venat mention this herself, you literally see two of them in the same place after you battle her.
    (6)
    Last edited by Dorito_Burrito; 04-07-2024 at 06:17 AM.

  3. #9243
    Player
    Sayo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    60
    Character
    Sayo Toshimoto
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 98
    I truly did not like "In from the cold" both story wise or duty wise.
    (6)


    7,000 people on earth and I will protect them all.

  4. #9244
    Player
    Vyrerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Interdimensional Rift
    Posts
    3,606
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorito_Burrito View Post
    Argos can create a double of itself. Not only does Venat mention this herself, you literally see two of them in the same place after you battle her.
    Whether it's Argos doing it or not is immaterial. It was done on a split second to catch the WoL who fell, and thusly, could have been done at any other point, apparently anywhere Argos is directed to or decides to do it at.
    (4)

    (Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

    "I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

  5. #9245
    Player
    Dorito_Burrito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Posts
    208
    Character
    Dorito Burrito
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    Whether it's Argos doing it or not is immaterial. It was done on a split second to catch the WoL who fell, and thusly, could have been done at any other point, apparently anywhere Argos is directed to or decides to do it at.
    I dunno. I just can't find the mid-air rescue all that contrived when we've seen Ancient magicks do precise things like pluck a specific person's soul from the Lifestream and conjure them the clothes they were wearing before they vanished, or recreate a whole city from memory and inhabit it with shades of the past, or erase memories from a very specific starting point. Mind you, all of this was done by unsundered Ancients like Venat, so I don't see why she's the one deserving of flack when she does it.
    (8)
    Last edited by Dorito_Burrito; 04-08-2024 at 09:37 PM.

  6. #9246
    Player
    Carin-Eri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    2,151
    Character
    Carin Eri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo_ View Post
    I truly did not like "In from the cold" both story wise or duty wise.
    Same here. Whilst I gather it's generally a pretty popular part of the Endwalker story in most player's view, I hated it.

    I absolutely detest countdown timers and in this case I'll admit, it stressed me out. I'd have been fine if the same scenario had occurred without that damned timer but as it was I failed it the first time making stupid mistakes that I wouldn't have otherwise made.
    (1)

  7. #9247
    Player
    vetch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    back on my free trial account
    Posts
    462
    Character
    Discount Hrothgar
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Damn, I missed dungeon rework discourse.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReynTime View Post
    I'm an ardent defender of ARR's game design.
    ARR always had the best dungeon design in the entire game, and frankly anyone who disagrees might as well praise Final Fantasy XIII level design.

    I'll concede that the removal of some of the boss mechanics in the MSQ dungeons from ARR were unnecessary. But Copperbell only benefitted from the redesign. The layout is literally the same as before. They focused on changing the bosses.
    The boss design in that dungeon was horrendous. Duty Support is not engaging, but a boss where the whole party spends 2/3 of the time waiting to take any action and a boss that involves waiting for the weak adds to slowly make their way to you only to die in 3 seconds each are even less engaging. Boss fights where half the party just stands around waiting are trash.
    Even the last boss was trash. Or rather became trash, because for the past 2~3 expansions you never had to bother dealing with its original mechanic unless your party had miraculously bad dps.
    No, the tuning of old Copperbell was what was horrendous. Your complaints are not about the design, but about the execution.

    Bosses 1&3 didn't suck because they tried to overwhelm you with adds, but because the adds died too quickly or spawned too slowly to overwhelm even the worst of players. Add-pressure as a fight design is exciting when it's tuned correctly. Dusk Vigil Boss 2 is suffering somewhat from potency creep now but still does much better at this than old Copperbell did.

    For the slime, asking players to do things besides 'tab-target the enemy and press your buttons to make it die' is great. Having to wait to take action because the things meant to keep you busy die instantly and the mechanism timer hasn't been updated to reflect that is not great.

    Removing Copperbell's old, interesting fight designs and copy-pasting in some AoE-spam striking dummies instead of re-tuning for engagement was a loss.
    (5)
    he/him

  8. #9248
    Player
    Vyrerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Interdimensional Rift
    Posts
    3,606
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorito_Burrito View Post
    I dunno. I just can't find the mid-air rescue all that contrived when we've seen Ancient magicks do precise things like pluck a specific person's soul from the Lifestream and conjure them the clothes they were wearing before they vanished, or recreate a whole city from memory and inhabit it with shades of the past, or erase memories from a very specific starting point. Mind you, all of this was done by unsundered Ancients like Venat, so I don't see why she's the one deserving of flack when she does it.
    You're not actually talking against my point, you know, right?

    The point I made was that they have no shortage of competency and powers at their disposal, and so their failure to stop things was stupid. Even within the context of the scene.

    i.e.

    If Argos can spawn itself again into a mid-air rescue, then it could spawn itself ahead of itself and stop Meteion. Think, Catgirl. Think!
    (5)

    (Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

    "I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

  9. #9249
    Player
    Boblawblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    2,328
    Character
    Shara Dei-ji
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    If Argos can spawn itself again into a mid-air rescue, then it could spawn itself ahead of itself and stop Meteion. Think, Catgirl. Think!
    But that didn't happen.
    (0)

  10. #9250
    Player
    Vyrerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Interdimensional Rift
    Posts
    3,606
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblawblah View Post
    But that didn't happen.
    And it should have, and Meteion should have evaded the second Argos.
    (5)

    (Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

    "I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Page 925 of 939 FirstFirst ... 425 825 875 915 923 924 925 926 927 935 ... LastLast