Results 1 to 10 of 976

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player EaraGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ul’dah
    Posts
    822
    Character
    Eara Grace
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadturk View Post
    I don't believe that comfort leads to destruction, nor that pain is necessary to feel joy. I think they would have gotten on just fine if Venat hadn't decided to take the agency of every single one of the Ancients and instead told them why the Final Days were happening so they could fix them.

    Edit to add: Before you bring up the Plenty, I again point out that what caused their destruction was not their level of comfort, but two other things. Their immortality, and their hive mind. I am not saying conflict is unnecessary, but conflict can be handled with negotiation and debate, which is how the Ancients dealt with such typically. The hive mind mostly, I feel. Without any way to have differences in order to have such debates, life gets boring. It isn't strife that adds flavor to life, or pain, it's the differences in mindsets.
    Their end is not ascribed to those things, it was their desire to eliminate sorrow that did so. Meteion says this verbatim.

    Farther still existed a star without strife. Where none remembered life’s trials, or it’s joys. What it’s people had gained from ease, they lost to apathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokinokanatae View Post
    Is the end the Plenty faced really a special kind of terrible compared to the first two Dead Ends? Is monstrosities pleading with survivors for death to end their suffering and people being blown to bits by bombs somehow better than a creature that offers peaceful death when requested? Endwalker points out that everything must end eventually. If that's the case, I know which ending of the three I'd prefer.
    Or maybe not self destructing is the best option?

    And I would remind those in this thread that Omegas comments do not disprove the necessity of the Sundering.

    By sundering the world, she ultimately guided your kind to victory, yet in doing so caused irreparable damage to its individual members.
    People will undoubtedly focus on the second half of the statement and not the first of course.
    (6)
    Last edited by EaraGrace; 06-10-2022 at 05:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    redheadturk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    526
    Character
    Nabriales Majestic
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EaraGrace View Post
    Their end is not ascribed to those things, it was their desire to eliminate sorrow that did so. Meteion says this verbatim.





    Or maybe not self destructing is the best option?

    And I would remind those in this thread that Omegas comments do not disprove the necessity of the Sundering.



    People will undoubtedly focus on the second half of the statement and not the first of course.
    And how did they "eliminate sorrow?" Hive mind. I don't believe joy loses its savor without sorrow, though sorrow is a fact of life regardless. Also, I trust Meiteion's word about as much as I trust Varis'. Aka, not a whit.
    (4)

  3. #3
    Player EaraGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ul’dah
    Posts
    822
    Character
    Eara Grace
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadturk View Post
    And how did they "eliminate sorrow?" Hive mind. I don't believe joy loses its savor without sorrow, though sorrow is a fact of life regardless. Also, I trust Meiteion's word about as much as I trust Varis'. Aka, not a whit.
    Are we really going to have to post the Q and A answer again? Like I get what you’re saying but it seems pretty clear cut given everything said in game and out.
    (8)
    Last edited by EaraGrace; 06-10-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Tags for this Thread