Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Havenchild View Post
    You can still be around 480-490 DPS with other very strong DPS in the party. Use Ifrit till the Storm shows up, then use Garuda till Terraflare. Make sure you Enkindle off the Storm. Figure out where the bulk of the party damage is going and adjust your Banes accordingly.
    Now you have me thinking that I have never added in what Garuda does during the add phase. I'm using Rainbow Mage and it doesn't include when I do pet swaps.

Sounds like you are right and I haven't been as gimp as it seemed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyoshiro Senpai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post

I use this gearset and am also around 440 DPS in T13 (Unmerged) - If the rest of your party is high DPS, it's hard to do more than that due to pushing phases at weird times. (Gigaflare before last dragon spawns etc) And with the add phase being timed and your dots being timed, you can only push out so much damage regardless, especially if the rest of your team is killing stuff before your dots have much time to tick.
    Well, i don't think my static has a really great DPS, we push phases as they should and got 5 Akh Morn during last phase... But i'm started to get used to ifrit's management (I was using Garuda from the begining so DoTs management is different along with pet skills used). I've reached 450 DPS now and I see some points where I can improve in this fight (during earthshakers for exemple).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6PSJ5XKi0 --> This is our first kill (Scholar POV) just to show you our overall DPS isn't really good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avalen Koma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireselecta View Post
    Well, i don't think my static has a really great DPS, we push phases as they should and got 5 Akh Morn during last phase... But i'm started to get used to ifrit's management (I was using Garuda from the begining so DoTs management is different along with pet skills used). I've reached 450 DPS now and I see some points where I can improve in this fight (during earthshakers for exemple).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6PSJ5XKi0 --> This is our first kill (Scholar POV) just to show you our overall DPS isn't really good.
    Use Ifrit, till the when the Storm is about to show up then switch to Garuda. There is a small re-summon window where you can do a full Garuda Summon right after Divebombs, dodge the Megaflare or position yourself accordingly and immediately star summoning. That will be a DPS increase for you as most of those adds in the beginning, before the Storm, will die in one set of normal duration DoTs, thus Contagion is not needed or useful there. Using your Aetherflow properly since the beginning of the fight, you'll have 3 stacks at least for 1 fester and 2 Banes.

First fester or Bane would be for the Pain / Blood. Second stack goes to Baning the Gusts, and last or simply third stack available goes to Baneing off one of the Sins, onto another.
    (0)
    Last edited by Havenchild; 04-20-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireselecta View Post
    Well, i don't think my static has a really great DPS, we push phases as they should and got 5 Akh Morn during last phase... .
    Looks like you did pretty good. But you are right there are some spots you could improve on.

Having Shadow Flare already in place any time you have downtime.
    i.e. Start of the fight. First Blood/Pain, Twin.

You can Blizz II the Gusts since your MP is very high.

Your group keeps Bahamut in place which is awesome for Ifrit. Just make sure you move him inside Bahamut's hit box so your Flaming Crush is sure to hit. Also, you should stand beside Bahamut during the Shadow phase so you can get some book whacks in. I don't know if this is optimal because it's different depending how the rest of your groups DPS is, but I only throw Bio and Miasma on the Shadows and then move back to Bahamut.

Practice using Crimson Cyclone and Flaming crush on CD.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Kyoshiro Senpai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Use Ifrit, till the when the Storm is about to show up then switch to Garuda.
    I usually start summoning Garuda as soon as the sins are dead and keep my last aetherflow stack for the storm (this way, i will have 3 new aetherflow stacks right after this), Adds phase isn't a problem, our dps is fine at this phase. Maybe i can improve my dps a bit using bane on the first sins but it's not really necessary.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyoshiro Senpai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Having Shadow Flare already in place any time you have downtime.
    I try to use it as much as i can, i will try to see if i can do it more

You can Blizz II the Gusts since your MP is very high.
    It will not be necessary but you're right, i will have a bit more DPS if i do this (i never use Blizz II with my summoner...)

Also, you should stand beside Bahamut during the Shadow phase so you can get some book whacks in.
    Well i can do this but i need to move back when our 2 melees are back on bahamut (to avoid megaflare wipes ^^). So i can try this but we are close to push divebombs before the third shadow is dead (which is baaaad ^^)

Anyway thanks again you all for your help
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunako View Post
    Yeah but if we are supposed 2 have 3min parse then it is viable option. It also depends on fight duration. You probably do it yourself too if you had only 1k mana left after 3min. If you know how 2 control your mana you should survive around 7 - 8 min without mana problems. Or probably you used ruin2 more than you are supposed 2 be.

this is with 2k mana left and without using any potions
    http://i.imgur.com/GvgnGlx.jpg

EDIT: I m running with t13 accuracy. Maybe without accuracy smn can reach 600~ against dummy in 3min fight.
    I tried and I tried but I can't get over even 360 after 30 minutes for just the Summoner. (no food solo no pots or poison pots)

The best I could do is:
    185 Ifrit
    355 SMN
    over 3 minutes. (with a whole lotta book smacks)

Total 540 - so not too bad that it only drops another 20 DPS over then next 3 minutes.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Avalen Koma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I tried and I tried but I can't get over even 360 after 30 minutes for just the Summoner. (no food solo no pots or poison pots)

The best I could do is:
    185 Ifrit
    355 SMN
    over 3 minutes. (with a whole lotta book smacks)

Total 540 - so not too bad that it only drops another 20 DPS over then next 3 minutes.
    The current build you use as well as execution of skills will be key for it. I also heavily consider it a rotation thing. I tried the start with Bio thing + Ifrit and I always parse lower with it. If it is infact a better opener as you say, then I'd like to hear your exact opener skill for skill all the way till your third Fester, that is resulting in this DPS increase that's noticeable. If through testing it is in fact a better opener then what I'm currently doing then I can go slightly higher on these 3min tests.

Doing the Bio2 - Miasma - Bio setup open, I am reaching the same consistently with this build: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/PZI3. 369 is the lowest I usually wind up on. Highest was probably 378-380ish on a crit friendly run. It tends to stay in the 370-375 area subject to crits.

http://i.imgur.com/sWZbcaF.png

http://i.imgur.com/sbVo6C5.png

this is with 2k mana left and without using any potions
    I'm slightly perplexed at this. I am doing an optimal rotation but I am at around 1200-1300 MP at this point. I know you have over 150 more MP then me with 23 Peity but Aetherflow alone wouldn't account I don't believe for a 700 or so MP difference over the 3 min parse. So I'm kinda curious as to how you retain this much MP, that's different from an optimal rotation, outside of Energy Drain usage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Havenchild; 04-21-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm slightly perplexed at this. I am doing an optimal rotation but I am at around 1200-1300 MP at this point. I know you have over 150 more MP then me with 23 Peity but Aetherflow alone wouldn't account I don't believe for a 700 or so MP difference over the 3 min parse. So I'm kinda curious as to how you retain this much MP, that's different from an optimal rotation, outside of Energy Drain usage.
    23 piety on relic should not make more than 100 mp difference every minute so 300 mp overall. If i can guess you are using ruin 2 more than you are supposed 2 do. Use your off globals every time during you apply bio or swiftcast shadow flare if possible. You can apply bio 3 - 4 times in a minute that should be enough time 2 do full stack of aetherflow for the fester.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avalen Koma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    23 piety on relic should not make more than 100 mp difference every minute so 300 mp overall. If i can guess you are using ruin 2 more than you are supposed 2 do. Use your off globals every time during you apply bio or swiftcast shadow flare if possible. You can apply bio 3 - 4 times in a minute that should be enough time 2 do full stack of aetherflow for the fester.
    I only Ruin 2, when Fester / Aetherflow is about to come up or before Rouse or Spur is to be applied, which is technically the "optimal" way of playing ? iirc

I'm doing all you just said, nothing is accounting for that much of a difference lol

Are you using Ruin I instead when you're about to use Fester? Because outside of that I can't see anything else. Some people occasionally do that.

The answer to this I would agree is definitely Ruin 2, but just not sure what should be done different that's still "optimal" I suppose.
    (0)
    Last edited by Havenchild; 04-21-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast