Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 169
  1. #21
    Player
    SyferU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Sy Der
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 66
    Isn't Machinist supposed to be the one doing unnecessary flips? Why did Bard now start with this too? Is it a disease? Will it spread? Whens Astro getting his flip?
    (4)

  2. #22
    Player
    Kohashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2024
    Posts
    876
    Character
    Lucaon Soho
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Finally, I got my wish granted. Adding depth while cutting down button bloat.

    I also hope they rework classes even more with much better animations that actually feel a lot more entertaining, cleaner animation and particles, and rewarding.
    (1)

  3. #23
    Player
    haircombee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Can'tthink Ofaname
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 100
    right!! i like the look of the kinda soft reworks they've done (on brd and drg at least, the other two seem kinda boring) but the idea of being forced into a one button combo and half my buttons merged i really don't like... trying to track the monk combo in cc drove me insane bc my brain just turns off having to press 1 button 99% of the time lol, i need the rhythm that a 123 gives.. and for the consolidated skills too, i understand why most ppl want both of those but i find it much more confusing when i have 10 buttons that turn into 3 other buttons under certain conditions over 30 buttons that just do what they say.. and the target changing thing just doesnt seem fun when targeting doesnt work for me half the time... seems like a good change for most people but i REALLY hope the button condensing is optional bc i really do want to try evolved
    also ping! if how these conditional skills change is the same as everything else then youd better hope youre right next to the datacenter or it'll be miserable lol
    (2)
    Last edited by haircombee; 04-25-2026 at 11:13 AM.

  4. #24
    Player
    Alice_Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2024
    Posts
    771
    Character
    Alice Rivers
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    After watching the WHM demonstration I am more than a little bit concerned, considering the changes in the context of the content we have, it looks like we have more of the same but it's all instant cast. The way healing buttons are combined also doesn't sit well with me, it's clear that the way he envisions WHM being played and the way I play it are worlds apart. In the case they actually have us healing more than dpsing I can only dread the way the button consolidation limits my options at any given moment.

    It's a bit of a shame I'm given to feel this way too, looking at what he's done with tanks and dps - notably the new mitigation timing mechanics and general responsiveness of dps bits, it's clear he has cool ideas for the things he understands well but given that evidence, it suggests he doesn't have a good understanding or vision (or maybe both) of healers/healing.

    Ultimately I hope I'm just being pessimistic and that 8.0 evolved WHM is as fun and engaging as the others appear to be.
    (11)

  5. #25
    Player
    TKMXIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2023
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    242
    Character
    Dian Macha
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    I liked what I saw with White Mage evolved.
    For PLD I'm a bit unsure with the Evolved Cover dash.
    DRG and BRD looked like tons of fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by TKMXIV; 04-25-2026 at 11:07 AM.

  6. #26
    Player
    Kukajoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    669
    Character
    Quin Decim
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Personally I think it has potential, I've always wanted to play more black mage but have sucked at dealing with the rotation of playing a blackmage, this seems like a way for me- who's very off and on about FFXIV to really be able to touch on those higher skill classes more.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player
    Argantaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    157
    Character
    Argantaelle Frilaix
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50
    I'm afraid that Mr. Yoshida, trying to attract a new audience or cater to the younger population (which grew up playing action or competitive PvP games), forgot why the old-timers chose FFXIV and stayed loyal to it for all these years. Ability pruning, simplified rotations, and the overall feel of the Evolved mode don't instill confidence in the future of the battle system, at least for me.

    (No, it won't be possible to play in Reborn mode in high-end PvE content because it's weaker than the Evolved. And I'm mostly interested in high-end PvE content.)
    (7)

  8. #28
    Player
    Rudje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    taken by a strange mood
    Posts
    156
    Character
    Shayun Ragara
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Rivers View Post
    It's a bit of a shame I'm given to feel this way too, looking at what he's done with tanks and dps - notably the new mitigation timing mechanics and general responsiveness of dps bits, it's clear he has cool ideas for the things he understands well but given that evidence, it suggests he doesn't have a good understanding or vision (or maybe both) of healers/healing.
    TBH every tank I've spoken to has concerns about the tank design direction as well, it's not just me; it really feels like the design team doesn't actively play either support role, at least not in hard content (or even higher-floor deep dungeons). A major part of why I made this thread was to comment on it while it could still maybe be adjusted, because I have no doubt that it's going to be the way the game moves forward regardless of our feelings on it.
    (2)

  9. #29
    Player
    AstreMcClain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    41
    Character
    Batto Mcclain
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    For me, it's the lack of keeping the old style of Jobs, I LIKED playing songs and having them go for 45 seconds at a time, I LIKED Synergy buffs like the crit rate up.

    What I don't like is them essentially making BRD the new SMN and making the songs essentially Stances. Leave the ONLY DoT Caster alone, I know DoT's are still there but having them relegated to a stance so you don't get that damage going out the gate feels terrible to think about.

    I just rewatched BRD's Segment and I do Not like it at all. Songs are not songs, You can't Spam AoE Skills to mow down Mobs. And No, You can't just keep spamming the one Song for AoE Moves.

    BRD Didn't need to get gutted.
    (10)

  10. #30
    Player
    Ankhira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2025
    Posts
    357
    Character
    Melira Summerbloom
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGAlomania View Post
    The people I really want to hear from are those who (actually) run ultimates and the like.
    With all respect, a lot of those people are completely out of touch with the game. Like I know some of them that genuinely believe the game should have even more hardcore content and that they're the main target audience despite Yoshi P stating savage clear rate is only around 20%. They have gotten a bunch of content in DT and still claim they got nothing. On top of that many of them who were constantly complaining about the 2 min meta are now complaining it's disappearing.

    I'm not saying they're all like that, absolutely not. But a good majority of them are very out of touch with the actual game.

    I think their opinions are valid, but I don't think they should be the only opinions you take feedback from, personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by AstreMcClain View Post

    I just rewatched BRD's Segment and I do Not like it at all. Songs are not songs, You can't Spam AoE Skills to mow down Mobs. And No, You can't just keep spamming the one Song for AoE Moves.

    BRD Didn't need to get gutted.
    I've been a little worried with the lack of AoE they've been showcasing altogether. If they tone down AoE stuff in new dungeons it makes sense but older content still has a bunch of dungeons with enemy mobs. I'll also say they said it's still a work in progress and many things will change, so maybe we just saw an early WIP of said jobs and they'll be better than what they showed, BRD looked cool, but I also liked the songs and it's AoE power. Here's to hoping.
    (8)
    Last edited by Ankhira; 04-25-2026 at 11:08 AM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast