Results 1 to 10 of 47

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Voidmage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,022
    Character
    Hen'iel Jackel
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 47
    I enjoyed the fight on normal.
    Some nice attacks, towers for more or less all players and a good spectacle.
    Music is nice though I do miss the highlight from the Rathalos fight (proof of a hero) and so no real "climax" appears really. After Necron and the FFXI raid it's another fight that kind of...feels generic from a music perspective, though maybe I need to do it a few more times. I guess if you haven't the original knowledge of the games, you miss out on the notsalgia?

    The rewards are good as well and I do like the Hope armor set over all.
    The quest leading to it was also cute but extremely short. Would have liked for the trail search to not be an automated ride but more gameplay.

    I haven't set foot into Ex yet because as soon as I opened PF I saw the words "limit cut", braindead, true north and not even three hours later a f**** raidplan again, so it seems more of the same, so I might simply stay at normal mode.


    One thing I do have to criticize though is that the normal mode loops it's patterns too quickly and so you feel like you have seen everything even before the fight is over.
    For me this is another case of fight design first, job design last. Everything not Ex upwards is clearly not the priority in fight development it seems.

    I would give it 7/10 points from a fight perspective and 9/10 from a rewards angle (point reduced for the helmet deleting Miqo'te ears again).
    The fight is more "fluid" than Rathalos but seems to "miss" something, though I haven't played MH so I don't know what it could be.

    I do want to say though that I think the weapon coming from normal mode and Ex having the augmentation option is a really great idea.
    It helps hearing up a bit for both parties and I hope they continue this trend.

    Oh and here is one towards the community because quite frankly I am getting annoyed.
    When did it become standard practice to not say hello or gg and instapull a boss that isn't even a day old?
    Learn some patience and some simple manners. You play with other people and not bots.


    Edit:
    Did the Ex now.
    Again, fun fight but nothing groundbreaking.
    A whole bunch of AOE's and running.
    Would have liked more "original mechanics" but fine as it is.
    (2)
    Last edited by Voidmage; 10-09-2025 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Player
    ovIm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    777
    Character
    Vim Mercer
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Normal fight was nothing exciting, personally. Rewards seem okay.
    May step into Ex in a few hours with friends to try that out.

    --

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmage View Post
    I haven't set foot into Ex yet because as soon as I opened PF I saw the words "limit cut", braindead, true north and not even three hours later a f**** raidplan again, so it seems more of the same, so I might simply stay at normal mode.
    I checked PF on our DC 90 minutes after the patch dropped, out of curiosity. 5 groups were looking, only one was truly blind, the rest all already had a later starting point. May actually be better now, with more people having it unlocked. no idea.
    So yeah, it seems to be more rote memorization fight again.
    (4)
    Last edited by ovIm; 10-07-2025 at 11:06 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

    RIP Viper 28/06/2024 - 30/07/2024. It was a fun month.