Results 1 to 10 of 155

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Yeonhee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    61
    Character
    Ruby Nephys
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by BlisteringFrost View Post
    I just tune it out. If I don't wanna do Alliance Roulette. Then I choose to not do it.

    It's not that deep.
    Blocking yourself to the most profitable roulette because devs decided to do something stupid isn't really the answer here. Nonetheless, dungeons are designed to be speedrunned. SE gave up a while ago about making dungeon actually different and "kinda" interesting. 95% dungeons after ARR are pretty much two groups of mobs > wall > two groups of mobs > wall > boss x3. Even the bosses mechanics go from laughable to non-existant (Hello Endwalker). You cannot really blame players for wanting to get it done fast when even the devs gave up on dungeons and design them to be speedrunned.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yeonhee; 10-01-2025 at 06:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    BlisteringFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2024
    Location
    Dark Night
    Posts
    464
    Character
    Blistering Frost
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeonhee View Post
    Blocking yourself to the most profitable roulette because devs decided to do something stupid isn't really the answer here. Nonetheless, dungeons are designed to be speedrunned. SE gave up a while ago about making dungeon actually different and "kinda" interesting. 95% dungeons after ARR are pretty much two groups of mobs > wall > two groups of mobs > wall > boss x3. Even the bosses mechanics go from laughable to non-existant (Hello Endwalker). You cannot really blame players for wanting to get it done fast when even the devs gave up on dungeons and design them to be speedrunned.
    It's not blocking myself. That assumes I'm never going to touch it again. I just don't wanna touch it today (for example). So I won't do it.

    If I don't wanna play FFXIV I won't login. This shouldn't be a foreign concept lol. Calling the content "most profitable" and insisting you get it done as fast as possible means you've gas lit yourself into treating the game as a job. Most likely without even realizing it. Why work a job you're not getting paid for? That's just silly.
    (3)