Page 867 of 939 FirstFirst ... 367 767 817 857 865 866 867 868 869 877 917 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,670 of 9390
  1. #8661
    Player
    Nayukhuut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    102
    Character
    Asterikos Fateweaver
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Venat's plan was terrible. We will never know if the Ancients could have come up with anything better, because she never gave them that choice. She decided that they were wrong, and the world needed to be the way she thought it should be. She destroyed the planet, including the new life she claimed to want to protect, and then watched as multiple Shards full of life were destroyed in an attempt to get to the point where her plan might work. All while creating gods we need to pray to in order to keep the world from being destroyed, which makes her distaste from people worshiping Zodiark basically just her being annoyed they were worshiping the wrong gods.

    There is zero reason that a group of people over thousands of years could not have come up with a solution to Meteion, but they were never given the facts, and they were never given the choice before Venat just decided for them.
    (10)
    Last edited by Nayukhuut; 10-09-2023 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Fixing Phrasing

  2. #8662
    Player
    fulminating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    1,181
    Character
    Wind-up Everyone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersnow845 View Post
    ^yes but zodiarks barricade is failing and it didn’t protect the ancients properly, so if she didn’t sunder the ancients then the final days would have consumed them and then the rest of intelligent life would have failed when zodiark’s barrier failed

    Venat sundering bought the source 10,000 years for humans to recover enough to stop Meteion before zodiarks barrier failed

    This is not to say that venat was responsible for the barrier of zodiark but the ancients were still at a dead end, they couldn’t stop anything and their only plan was to keep sacrificing more to bring back people they had already sacrificed

    Venat was the only way forward even if that way was through an ocean of blood
    What I’m saying is she had more than enough information to negate the need to summon zodiark and all entailed issues. I genuinely cannot tell if she’s meant to be a parody of competent people wanting more difficulty in the game and unable to fathom that not everyone finds it as easy as them or if despite intuiting time travel from a glance, managed to miss the obvious implications of crystal Graham’s survival.
    (3)
    Last edited by fulminating; 10-09-2023 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Actually graham can stay

  3. #8663
    Player
    Supersnow845's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,212
    Character
    Andreas Cestelle
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    The barrier protected the sundered but it didn’t protect the ancients, if venat didn’t sunder the ancients then the final final days would have continued unimpeded while they tried to come up with a solution to a problem they didn’t understand or couldn’t properly interact with (since ancients can’t interact with dynamis properly)

    So it basically amounted to a split second decision
    1) risk it and hope someone fixes the problem before the final days consumes everything and removes any future chance of them fixing the problem
    2) sunder the world to buy time to fix the problem

    I 100% agree that venat is in the wrong for not attempting to do anything with the convocation to alert them of Meteion but we also don’t know how much time passes between elpis and amurout, the EN version of Elpis strongly implies it’s not a lot at all, plus with Hermes being Hermes how much can venat really trust the convocation beyond Azem, how does she know that the rest of the convocation minus emet selch doesn’t support Hermes plans
    (1)

  4. #8664
    Player
    Nayukhuut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    102
    Character
    Asterikos Fateweaver
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    It did protect the Ancients. The world had been stablised and was recovering when Venat decided to destroy it. She did what she did because she was on the faction that didn't want the new life to be sacrificed to get the Ancient souls out of Zodiark. Though the devs never did exactly explain what the new life was, it all ended up being moot because that was wiped out when she Sundered the planet anyway.
    (4)

  5. #8665
    Player
    Supersnow845's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,212
    Character
    Andreas Cestelle
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    If the barrier truly did protect the ancients I’m happy to rescind my point because if so then yeah venat is an idiot for jumping straight to the sundering

    But everything I read of the story implied the barrier didn’t help the ancients, zodiark brought forth new life but the ancients were still being consumed by the final days

    If I’m wrong on that then yeah I agree venat is wrong here
    (2)

  6. #8666
    Player Theodric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,051
    Character
    Kazuya Hagane
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    With all due respect it's all addressed in the video, with sources. The video itself was created specifically to help counter the common misconceptions surrounding the Sundering and adjacent events.

    At no point is it ever stated that Zodiark's barrier was failing prior to the Sundering and as we see from the second coming of the Final Days, the Sundered are more vulnerable to the effects of Meteion's rampage as unlike the Ancients who simply had their powers hijacked, the Sundered directly transform into Blasphemies.
    (7)

  7. #8667
    Player
    Supersnow845's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,212
    Character
    Andreas Cestelle
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    With all due respect it's all addressed in the video, with sources. The video itself was created specifically to help counter the common misconceptions surrounding the Sundering and adjacent events.

    At no point is it ever stated that Zodiark's barrier was failing prior to the Sundering and as we see from the second coming of the Final Days, the Sundered are more vulnerable to the effects of Meteion's rampage as unlike the Ancients who simply had their powers hijacked, the Sundered directly transform into Blasphemies.
    The barrier wasn’t failing prior to the sundering but it was known to be failing leading up to the events of the game, ignoring that zodiark was going to break free after about 1-2 more rejoining the barrier wouldn’t have lasted 5 more rejoinings anyway

    And while I appreciate the video if this isn’t explained clearly in the game itself I more consider that a failure on the games part

    I’ll fully admit I’m wrong for arguing from a false premise but im also going from my interpretation of the game itself, I shouldn’t need a lore video to correct common misconceptions about the game because it’s a failure on the game that they are even there
    (0)

  8. #8668
    Player
    Nayukhuut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    102
    Character
    Asterikos Fateweaver
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersnow845 View Post
    The barrier wasn’t failing prior to the sundering but it was known to be failing leading up to the events of the game, ignoring that zodiark was going to break free after about 1-2 more rejoining the barrier wouldn’t have lasted 5 more rejoinings anyway

    And while I appreciate the video if this isn’t explained clearly in the game itself I more consider that a failure on the games part

    I’ll fully admit I’m wrong for arguing from a false premise but im also going from my interpretation of the game itself, I shouldn’t need a lore video to correct common misconceptions about the game because it’s a failure on the game that they are even there
    The barrier was never failing. The only reason it failed at all is because we literally murdered Zodiark. What was failing was Venat's hold on Zodiark. The barrier that he himself put into place was just dandy though. In fact, his power was getting stronger as he became more and more whole. He would have kept his barrier going for a while yet. The problem was that no one but Venat knew what was causing the problem to begin with. The Ascians were fighting for their world, but still had no idea what was attacking them.

    Edit: Not the Ascians killing everyone was right either. I would have prefered Venat just tell everyone what was up before we had to head into thousands of years of forced mass sacrifice.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nayukhuut; 10-09-2023 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added Adendum

  9. #8669
    Player
    Supersnow845's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,212
    Character
    Andreas Cestelle
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayukhuut View Post
    The barrier was never failing. The only reason it failed at all is because we literally murdered Zodiark. What was failing was Venat's hold on Zodiark. The barrier that he himself put into place was just dandy though. In fact, his power was getting stronger as he became more and more whole. He would have kept his barrier going for a while yet. The problem was that no one but Venat knew what was causing the problem to begin with. The Ascians were fighting for their world, but still had no idea what was attacking them.
    Are you sure, honestly this conversation has made me realise I probably should have gone through the story again before commenting (my bad), but I would have bet money on the fact that somewhere along the way someone said that the song of despair was eating away at zodiarks barrier and even him gaining power back from the rejoining’s wasn’t slowing down the degradation of the barrier

    But yes I agree, I probably phrased it badly but from old (wrong) interpretation I never thought venat was good, just kinda the best of a suite of bad alternatives
    (0)
    Last edited by Supersnow845; 10-09-2023 at 06:39 PM.

  10. #8670
    Player
    Nayukhuut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    102
    Character
    Asterikos Fateweaver
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersnow845 View Post
    Are you sure, honestly this conversation has made me realise I probably should have gone through the story again before commenting (my bad), but I would have bet money on the fact that somewhere along the way someone said that the song of despair was eating away at zodiarks barrier and even him gaining power back from the rejoining’s wasn’t slowing down the degradation of the barrier
    That I will admit I am fuzzy on. It has been a while since I played through. I do know that the barrier was still holding strong by the time we got to him, and had been doing so for thousands of years. Which would have been plenty of time for a race as intelligent and advanced as the Ancients to come up with an actual plan to fix things had they been given actual information.

    Beyond that though, since we are technically already a product of what happened and we can't really change our past, I would have been happy enough if the story took a more pragmatic approach to Venat. Something like "well, you broke the world but this is the world we have now and we will fight for it with our dying breaths" would have been much nicer than the "Venat saved everyone and loves us all" narrative we end up getting. My problem, in the end, is less the way the story ended up going (because I love a good tragedy), and more how the story calls out one group for their actions, but calls Venat a hero even though she arguably killed even more people.
    (4)

Page 867 of 939 FirstFirst ... 367 767 817 857 865 866 867 868 869 877 917 ... LastLast