Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
Keyword I made "Shb Arcs" Their Shadowbringer's arcs, not their entire character arcs. They still served a purpose within Endwalker, and some still even had notable developments in the story; aka Urianger and the Lopporits/Moenbryda's parents, way to go to just outright ignore that whole emotional moment. But for most of us whom have followed this story and the characters we appreciate and love just being able to continue to interact with them (we'll most of us, clearly you stopped caring) while still keeping them relevant. Anyway Im done arguing with this. Go ahead and ignore yet again everything I say here.
I do not consider anything to do with the whole Moenbryda backstory meaningful. The guy was bullied as a kid and had a friend step in. I'm not interested in exploring that any further, not when you have characters like Estinien who knew more brutal suffering in their upbringing. The Loporrits were comic relief/fan service characters that would have been executed perfectly had they not overstayed their welcome and cannibalized any additional MSQ focus on Zodiark on the actual moon.

The only thing left to do with these characters is seemingly to continue the trend of "slice of life" fanfiction writing as if this were a Persona game set in Sharlayan. I struggle to believe that they will somehow find a way to make Thancred interesting in patch 6.1, and eagerly await the release of FFXVI so I can invest my time in a more grounded story while the FFXIV writers recalibrate and figure out where they want to go from here.