Quote Originally Posted by Absurdity View Post
It fluctuates heavily from expansion to expansion, probably because Blizzard doesn't know where they want healer dps to be either. Holy Paladin was meta for M+ back in BFA, no idea where it falls now since they removed their Glimmer of Light healing.
Huh? Glimmer of Light still exists. It’s a talent instead.

And in WoW, the healer DPS was problematic because people would be turned down if you were the wrong class. Something Yoshi-P is very focused on preventing. Homogenization sucks, but it really helps to attain that balance.

I think the only two ways is either to change encounter designs or change healer to a support philosophy.

I’m not big on giving healers more complex DPS. I’m also not a big fan of making healing more stressful. And certain heal mechanics that other MMOs use would become unbalanced because of WHM Benediction.

I am a big fan of increasing the utility methods of healers so that they can contribute to the team without stepping too far on the DPS territory. Though arguably, adding a “utility rotation, why not just add a DPS rotation?

In a balanced world: playstyle preference.