Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: More Widgets

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Dzian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    2,837
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    While UI elements would be cool for key buffs like shifu jinpu or whatever. i honestly would be fine if they just had filters on the status bars.. so i could essentially turn off icons for all the buffs i dont really give a monkeys about..

    the problem with buffs imo is the status bar can easily become so cluttered with buffs seeing the key ones at a glance becomes a real pain.

    its the same issue with the debuff bar on bosses especially in larger scale content.. are those my bard dots or someone elses. has another ninja put trick attack up or should iuse mine.. there's s much clutter on those bars it'd be so nice to filter stuff thats meaningless to me..

    I'm a samurai. what do i care if if the blm has thunder on the boss or the scholar has bio i dont need to see those icons ever.. but seeing chain strategam or tricvk attack or something would be great without having to see all the useless clutter.

    same goes back to the buff bar as well. i dont care if i have a card on me or not thats not my job i dont need that clutter on my bar. just let

    filters would help so much.

    they do have a show only detrimental status effects you inflict but that often doesnt help. as again you cant see if another ninja has put trick attack up or something such. and it doesnt work on healers as if the boss puts a debuff on a player you cant see it because you didnt inflict it so its hidden.
    (2)

  2. #2
    Player
    ReiganCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    240
    Character
    V'ox Bolt
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    the problem with buffs imo is the status bar can easily become so cluttered with buffs seeing the key ones at a glance becomes a real pain.

    its the same issue with the debuff bar on bosses especially in larger scale content.. are those my bard dots or someone elses. has another ninja put trick attack up or should iuse mine.. there's s much clutter on those bars it'd be so nice to filter stuff thats meaningless to me..
    Yup, that's my primary concern. At best there's, like, a display priority on debuffs of the target. So if you have your Higanbana up, it would be the first debuff to show, then something important like Trick Attack or Chain Strat, and then just the DoTs. And you know which is yours by the color on the timer, so a green timer means the debuff was applied by you.

    And that isn't enough for some things. I'd like to keep my buffs on the same priority when I'm playing the class. If I let Storm's Eye fall-off and someone gave me Plenary Indulgence and a Card, I don't want Storm's Eye to be hidden behind those. That would go a long way torwards being able to keep up with your own key buffs.

    But I still think a really cool UI Widget to look at would be even better, only because I like how the non-simplified stuff looks. I'd probably be satisfied with a number on the Wildfire marker for every Weaponskill I put under it, so the Icon have 6 stages to let me know if I managed to put the 6 GCDs in them. But we could have a cool counter by the train-bar, that seems more fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by ReiganCross; 07-30-2021 at 09:10 AM.