Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Egi Glamour Update

Patch 4.1 is coming, and we saw nothing regarding them. Yoshi-P said that odd patches would have more "new" content compared to even patches. This is something we were promised 2 years ago, before Heavensward launched; not the glamour system itself but new egis.

Are we mad? understanding? do we hope 4.15/4.2 will have more than one egi to make up for these issues?

What do people think?

Toby (Topaz Carbuncle[Carby]) is cute and all but I'd like other options now.
    (9)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I feel like they will start throwing "we gave you Bahamut" to not honor their word of 1 egi per patch.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Camille Blythe
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I kinda gave up on SMN, but I always wished I could use the primal minions in place of the corresponding egis.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Evogolist Lunaire
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    As much as I would love to see some new egi's, I kinda feel like the devs should focus on fixing the mess that they made with the 4.0 changes to SMN. To be honest, those promised new egi's have gotten the same treatment as roaming primals at this point. If I remember correctly, their excuse was waiting until it fit into the lore/story.

Also, as both the devs and everyone else has stated, they've worked themselves into a corner with SMN and SCH and don't know what to do with it. As it seems right now, their best option would be to start over from scratch, rebuilding both SMN and SCH into their own separate jobs and getting rid of Arcanist all together. Which means, we might not see SMN and SCH truly shine until an expansion or two down the line if they so choose to go that route. But as far as the egi's go, we know that the model for Ramuh egi is there, it's Shiva and beyond that I don't believe we've seen an egi model for yet. Only other thing I can think of is that maybe Ramuh, Shiva, and whatever other primals they choose to make into smn pets end up getting the Bahamut treatment, meaning we may not see them until 5.xx series or beyond.
    (3)
    Last edited by Evogolist; 10-07-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I'm ok with just carbuncles. I'm happy I don't have to see the floating turd anymore.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sigma Alpheratz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I want this:

I don't care much otherwise!...
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    I feel like they will start throwing "we gave you Bahamut" to not honor their word of 1 egi per patch.
    When was that said?
    (0)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    They said new egi glamours would be added with future patches, which doesn't mean they'll add a new egi glamour with every patch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaplan Homahru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Yes please. There should be more at this point, especially considering there are already some models in the game we could be using.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I kinda gave up on SMN, but I always wished I could use the primal minions in place of the corresponding egis.
    Pretty sure they gave up on it too. They don't seem to know what they want it to be. As to the topic, I wish they wouldn't have gimped themselves by making Egis instead of making actual summons. So egi glamours are a bandaid fix at best, imo.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vahlnir; 10-07-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast