Results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Vidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,993
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by SargentToughie View Post
    Actually, I just thought of something.

    One idea that they could work with involves taking a note out of their own book. Right now the 2.0 level 50 job quests give you the i90 AFZ gear for completion, so... What if the level 60 job quests did the same? They could issue out free versions of the most recently 'outdated' gear set. For 3.1, that would mean one full set of i170 unupgraded Doman gear plus the weapon for every fresh 60.

    And then they can just update the rewards through the patches, as gear is made irrelevant by the most cutting edge content.
    I believe one reason they gave you that full Af2-set is because its not easly availbel anymore (you can exchange the tokens, but you cant buy it). Giving away that ilvl180 that shortly after we farmed it feels wrong... I'm not saying "Everyone gotta work for it as hard as I did!" I'm more concerned that it will take away the feeling of making progress, gearwise. I dont know about you but I actually like switching a piece of old gear for something better... I could only imagine giving you tokens for ONE set of your choice after you finished the main quest - that way you could gear up your main but would still have to progress on your alt characters.

    Also, for me gear is always an indicator for expierence... if I see someone in Fractal with full 180 I would assume they know the dungeon/endgame/their class kinda well...
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Pence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,455
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    I believe one reason they gave you that full Af2-set is because its not easly availbel anymore (you can exchange the tokens, but you cant buy it). Giving away that ilvl180 that shortly after we farmed it feels wrong... I'm not saying "Everyone gotta work for it as hard as I did!" I'm more concerned that it will take away the feeling of making progress, gearwise. I dont know about you but I actually like switching a piece of old gear for something better... I could only imagine giving you tokens for ONE set of your choice after you finished the main quest - that way you could gear up your main but would still have to progress on your alt characters.

    Also, for me gear is always an indicator for expierence... if I see someone in Fractal with full 180 I would assume they know the dungeon/endgame/their class kinda well...
    The game already suffers from a severe lack of content, it's probably not the best solution to completely destroy content this early.
    (0)