Results 1 to 10 of 537

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Arkista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,572
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeykama View Post
    Aye 35 days sounds a bit arbitrary for me but their reasoning is sound - if they're not subscribed/playing to enjoy the house, then they don't need a house either.
    I understand it. But to take away something from what is going to be a small minority just because someone wants to take a break (willing or not) is unfair. Now 90-120 days if someone isn't coming back by then sure take the house.


    Quote Originally Posted by FJerome View Post
    snip.
    My Free company was consisted of Me, My Wife, Her brother, Her cousin, and 3 irl friends. The only ones left are me and her. Stuff happens people move on and will come back when they come back. When I played FFXI I would take 2-3 month breaks every once in a while, I just took like a 3 week break before 2.2. I mean if I have to take a break I could just login once in a while so I didn't lose it.

    I just don't think this is going to stop with Free Company Housing, I think this will also effect Personal Housing. Personal Houses may not take up as much space as FCs, but if they are going to take away players land to free up space for others, Then I can see this happening to Personal Housing also. And then it will effect many more players. But who knows maybe by then SE will have enough servers to handle Housing.
    (14)
    Last edited by Arkista; 04-11-2014 at 07:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    FJerome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,014
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    My Free company was consisted of Me, My Wife, Her brother, Her cousin, and 3 irl friends. The only ones left are me and her. Stuff happens people move on and will come back when they come back.
    I think quite a lot of the house-owning FCs are like that. FCs that already have houses seem to fall into three main groups - top-ranked FCs where the big house is just another expression of their pride and prestige, FCs with a very rich leader and small, tight-knit FCs where the members liked and trusted each other enough to pool resources. Most other FCs are still having issues getting funds together because their members would rather save for personal housing first.

    Quote Originally Posted by AmnesiaHaze View Post
    if the fc gets a gil refund for the house it could be tolerable , if losing house without refund its unacceptable for me
    Even that would kinda suck, we've got one of the Limsa beach-front houses and we pushed hard to get it. They're all sold on Leviathan now, there'd be no replacing it.
    (7)

  3. #3
    Player
    AmnesiaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    291
    Character
    Amnesiahaze Conjurer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FJerome View Post
    Even that would kinda suck, we've got one of the Limsa beach-front houses and we pushed hard to get it. They're all sold on Leviathan now, there'd be no replacing it.
    of course the whole plan sucks, but if you get a gil refund you can atleast buy a new house , if you lose everything is a slap into your face and all people who contributed all their gil for the insanely overpriced houses, things like this lose subscribers
    (8)

  4. #4
    Player
    Lord_Zlatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ul' Dah
    Posts
    1,188
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    like most things in life, this is a COMMITMENT.

    if you cannot commit to keeping, going to, maintaining your house, then don't waste your time, your FCs time or the gil on something you can't be bothered to stay committed to.

    This is precisely the reason I have no desire to have a house. I know I will have zero commitment to it and it will just be another inventory space, at which point id rather use a paid retainer.
    (3)

  5. #5
    Player
    Xystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    734
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4 View Post
    What school do you go to where final exams last 35 days?

    All of the reasons you keep stating are laughable.
    Because you do things based on your lifestyle and culture, things are done at different rates for everyone. Med students, for example, vary greatly. Some will take 35+ days to study for exams and others will not. Also if a child is born without a cleft palate or has other difficulties, it may possibly take way longer than 35 days to deal with such issues. Also, some cultures have funerals last nearly a month. They may have 3-4 actual service dates but the preparation for those dates may actually take an entire month.

    You are not considering other people's situations at all. You looked at your lifestyle and just set it as the base standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zlatan View Post
    This is precisely the reason I have no desire to have a house. I know I will have zero commitment to it and it will just be another inventory space, at which point id rather use a paid retainer.
    This thread is about having a house and losing it because RL issues exceed the grace period. People want to continue to stay committed to these houses, if they weren't, they wouldn't be addressing their concerns about the grace period.

    Also, if your going to argue for the current standings on the grace period, your argument would weigh a lot more if you actually had a house. The work required to get FC lots, especially large lots, for small FC's was not an easy task. They are going to argue because the work involved was quite a bit.
    (5)

  6. #6
    Player
    Diadumenos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    166
    Character
    Dia Dumenos
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I can see both sides on this but 35 days seems a tad short for them to jump right to utter razing the house to the ground and SE reclaiming the property. Groups take breaks from this game all the time. Maybe because they got burned out from raising the capital for the house?!

    Is it just me or is $E pulling off some really #&*@ moves lately?
    (4)
    Last edited by Diadumenos; 04-12-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: derp
    WUB WUB

    FFXI- Seraph

  7. #7
    Player
    KyahAlmasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    351
    Character
    Kyah Almasy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Sheesh, why would they even have that?
    (2)