Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69
  1. #51
    Player
    Selsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    376
    Character
    Tristan Chevrefeuille
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Dedicated servers for it and sure, why not. Even better repurpose some already dead worlds into PvP servers with free transfers on/off for a period of time. It'd help solve the congestion problem a bit and give the folks who want it an isolated space for it.
    (2)

  2. #52
    Player
    VeyaAkemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,463
    Character
    Veya Akemi
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Selsix View Post
    Even better repurpose some already dead worlds into PvP servers with free transfers on/off for a period of time.
    This is the worst suggestion I ever seen in these forums, goddamn.
    (1)

  3. #53
    Player
    Selsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    376
    Character
    Tristan Chevrefeuille
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VeyaAkemi View Post
    This is the worst suggestion I ever seen in these forums, goddamn.
    Why is it a bad idea, exactly? We have a ton of servers that are literal ghost towns.
    (2)

  4. #54
    Player
    VeyaAkemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,463
    Character
    Veya Akemi
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Selsix View Post
    Why is it a bad idea, exactly? We have a ton of servers that are literal ghost towns.
    Because it would come at the cost of players who enjoy playing in those servers, "free transfer" isn't sufficient when people would lose their houses, break up FCs as it would be impossible to properly carry over everything across, so on. It's something it is easy to suggest as an Aether player, because none of this would negatively impact you, it would simply come at the cost of other people.
    (1)

  5. #55
    Player
    Selsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    376
    Character
    Tristan Chevrefeuille
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VeyaAkemi View Post
    Because it would come at the cost of players who enjoy playing in those servers, "free transfer" isn't sufficient when people would lose their houses, break up FCs as it would be impossible to properly carry over everything across, so on. It's something it is easy to suggest as an Aether player, because none of this would negatively impact you, it would simply come at the cost of other people.
    FCs could easily just all move together, so calling that an "issue" is laughable. If your FC would somehow fall apart because you all were prompted to move to a new server, for FREE, I'd argue your FC was hanging by a thread anyway. As for housing, that is a separate issue entirely that I feel should be solved long before something like this is even brought to the table. People shouldn't have to play on dead servers just to own a house.
    (2)

  6. #56
    Player
    VeyaAkemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,463
    Character
    Veya Akemi
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Selsix View Post
    FCs could easily just all move together, so calling that an "issue" is laughable. If your FC would somehow fall apart because you all were prompted to move to a new server, for FREE, I'd argue your FC was hanging by a thread anyway. As for housing, that is a separate issue entirely that I feel should be solved long before something like this is even brought to the table. People shouldn't have to play on dead servers just to own a house.
    You are also ignoring the people who actively enjoy being in those lower population servers and how that would push them out, this is something to consider, a lot of people who are still in Dynamis, cuz let's be real, we are talking about Dynamis, actively enjoys the sleepy town feeling of the place, I personally detest having to step into Aether to do things, because it is far too populated. And the only issue with those servers is supposed to be ending relatively soon anyway.

    What I am saying is, why tear down something that there is a dedicated group of players enjoy for something else? either make whole new servers for PvP, or don't do it at all, don't ruin what we have now.
    (3)

  7. #57
    Player
    Selsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    376
    Character
    Tristan Chevrefeuille
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VeyaAkemi View Post
    You are also ignoring the people who actively enjoy being in those lower population servers and how that would push them out, this is something to consider, a lot of people who are still in Dynamis, cuz let's be real, we are talking about Dynamis, actively enjoys the sleepy town feeling of the place, I personally detest having to step into Aether to do things, because it is far too populated. And the only issue with those servers is supposed to be ending relatively soon anyway.

    What I am saying is, why tear down something that there is a dedicated group of players enjoy for something else? either make whole new servers for PvP, or don't do it at all, don't ruin what we have now.
    Because this is an MMORPG, not a single player game, and breaking up the congested servers should take priority over an entire server having a sparse amount of active players because they want Limsa to be literally empty for some reason. If you want a "small sleepy town" experience, I'd recommend you play a single player RPG or something with lobbies.

    Even if we get away from the pvp server argument though, setting up and maintaining servers is a big draw on resources for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if those servers get shut down altogether if Evercold fails to pull numbers back or they fail to figure out a way to get people to move to them.
    (3)

  8. #58
    Player
    VeyaAkemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,463
    Character
    Veya Akemi
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Selsix View Post
    Even if we get away from the pvp server argument though, setting up and maintaining servers is a big draw on resources for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if those servers get shut down altogether if Evercold fails to pull numbers back or they fail to figure out a way to get people to move to them.
    And if that happens, then be it, but until then, I want to maintain the experience that I was given, not have it ruined as the cost for something I despise.
    (2)

  9. #59
    Player
    Selsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Old Sharlayan
    Posts
    376
    Character
    Tristan Chevrefeuille
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VeyaAkemi View Post
    And if that happens, then be it, but until then, I want to maintain the experience that I was given, not have it ruined as the cost for something I despise.
    You're allowed to despise PvP, and you're certainly allowed to be unhappy if this were implemented. I just personally think it would be overall beneficial to the game.
    (2)

  10. #60
    Player
    VeyaAkemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1,463
    Character
    Veya Akemi
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Ultimately the point goes back to something I said earlier, to me FFXIV isn't just what it is, it is also what it isn't, and it isn't a game with big focus on PvP, PvP in XIV for as long as I have played, which is not as long as some here but 4 years is plenty time, it is a secondary game mode, and I like it that way, I like that it is a minor part of the game that I don't have to even look at, every suggestion in this thread is boiling down to removing things I like about the game for things I absolutely despite, that's why I am arguing against them, and a lot of the changes suggested here would cause me to drop the game altogether.

    Like if you can tell me, "go play a single player game", which misses a lot of the feeling a MMO still has even at a relatively low population but I disgress, why not tell the people who are asking for open world PvP to go play a game that already has open world PvP?
    (5)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tags for this Thread