Isn't bards failure state that it gets a bonus after doing all 3 songs? so if you repeat a song before the other 2 have been played you delay that bonus?
or misusing the buffs for each song
Isn't bards failure state that it gets a bonus after doing all 3 songs? so if you repeat a song before the other 2 have been played you delay that bonus?
or misusing the buffs for each song



they gray out songs and prevent you from reusing them until radiant encore's been used, pretty much doing the reverse of order of SMN



From what was in the showcase, songs cannot be repeated. Mage's Ballad was greyed out after it concluded, and Yoshida could only press Minuet or Paeon. The actual strength of the buffs is still unknown, but to justify delaying your burst phase, they would have to be so strong that healers are having their toes crushed again.
From the footage it looks like you quite literally can't play the same song again until you have played all 3, so that failure state simply doesn't exist.
And then there is the issue with delaying those songs for their defensive effects. They cost a resource that is auto generated and all your non-filler damage is tied to using them, severely limiting how long you can delay them.
It's kinda like tying Shake It Off to Inner Release on Warrior, it doesn't make much sense.
Last edited by Absurdity; 05-29-2026 at 09:06 PM.




I actually completely forgot about this on GLA.GLA/PLD used to have an oGCD (Shield Swipe) that could only be used after blocking, and once Sheltron was added in HW, you could use that to guarantee a block. They're obviously putting more emphasis on it now, and it's a GCD, but it's gameplay that the same job had prior to ShB.
This brings me back...
Yeah DRK also had Dark Dance helping proc upgraded free Dark Passenger too when evading.
This is what I was alluding to earlier and my immediate thought for a solution was a new action on a longish cooldown that acts like second chance while you are on a song and swaps your current song with any other song you press and grays the current song. Could probably do something even more risk/reward here tbh.From the footage it looks like you quite literally can't play the same song again until you have played all 3, so that failure state simply doesn't exist.
And then there is the issue with delaying those songs for their defensive effects. They cost a resource that is auto generated and all your non-filler damage is tied to using them, severely limiting how long you can delay them.
It's kinda like tying Shake It Off to Inner Release on Warrior, it doesn't make much sense.
This also got me thinking what if you could consume x number of bardic inspiration charges to double the potency or duration of buffs. This creates risk/reward and plays into support vs personal dps fantasy of BRD. Alternately, what if BRD could lay down an area of effect that does this to all party members within x yalms.
Last edited by Turtledeluxe; 05-30-2026 at 05:07 AM.
It's because... if you go on JP forums... you'll see... they areYes, I want more new and/or refreshed pre-SHB functionality. PLD counter is kinda what it had before? Well great, it was a good idea. And the thing is, they got the live crowd reaction. So I hope he sees that as permission to get creative. That said, its a big change, I don't expect perfection, and I hope he has time to read feedback. Evolved is coming either way, and I know I have to accept the reality because there is no way in hell it won't be the dominant play syle. I expect Reborn to be let go as soon as 9.0. As its a new mode, I am confident we will see needed hotfixes/changes quickly, plus bigger updates in 9.0. I just want them to hear our feedback as a better version of Evolved. My primary fear is they will gloss over feedback, get scared and just give us Reborn like changes.
And I just say that based on past actions as recent as VPR. I don't know if its a language barrier or what. I don't know if they just don't read our feedback or only read topic headlines. They are also seemingly averse to criticism so I don't want it conflated with hate. I hope again, they see it as permission to do more.
... special.
Median JP forumdronegoer thinks the biggest problem facing Astrologian right now is that Fall Malefic is missing 5 potency and if that is fixed everything is perfect.
If that is indeed the case then it's actually so bad it's funny.
If that's the audience they're catering to we might as well pack it in right now, because we're absolutely getting another 10 years of just smashing our face on the keyboard.
Yeah every time I look at JP forums their requests are legitimately so bizarre. A lot of the healer feedback is not even gameplay but stuff like “when I use Afflatus Misery I would like to float in the air as well”. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s genuinely like witnessing people who don’t have any ideas being forced to come up with one on the spot or something.
The real spicy takes are all on 2ch and the now defunct blog.
|
|
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
|
Cookie Policy
This website uses cookies. If you do not wish us to set cookies on your device, please do not use the website. Please read the Square Enix cookies policy for more information. Your use of the website is also subject to the terms in the Square Enix website terms of use and privacy policy and by using the website you are accepting those terms. The Square Enix terms of use, privacy policy and cookies policy can also be found through links at the bottom of the page.

Reply With Quote



