Quote Originally Posted by Aidorouge View Post
Oh bloody hell...

I'm not a fan of tattoos or piercings either, would even outright call them a turn-off with how much I don't find them appealing, but I still acknowledge them as body art and that they may hold value and significance to the person who gets them as its still "their body their choice". We don't get to dictate their personal aesthetic any more than they can dictate ours, least of all in a video game where even the company behind it puts a lot of emphasis on personal style, and allows for some tattoos and piercings already.
If you admit it’s an unappealing "turn-off", you’ve already conceded the point. The difference between us is that I value the virtue of honesty over performative politeness. You acknowledge the visual pollution but choose to defend it out of a misplaced sense of virtue. That’s how neighborhoods decline, other people watching their neighbors lawn turn into a junkyard and saying, "well, it’s their choice to be trashy."