Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Player
    Sasagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272
    Character
    Seriy Anaplian
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

    Adjustments have been made to the manner in which damage reduction is calulated

    [dev1369] Adjustments have been made to the manner in which damage reduction from shields is calculated.
    With this, it is now easier for blocks to take effect when fighting enemies of a level higher than your own.

    All I can say is this sounds like both Block Rate and damage reduction has been implemented !!

    Hurray !!
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    ChiefCurrahee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    959
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I'm eager to see how with works out.

    Block better be on par with parry in terms of damage reduction. Block rate I hope has a noticable bump in proc rate vs higher level stuff as well.

    I want to take Pld into events.
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player
    Sasagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272
    Character
    Seriy Anaplian
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think everyone has missed this small yet significant win for PLDs

    I hope it is indeed significant
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    heck, your bed
    Posts
    226
    I'm been worried about making a PLD since everyone says there's no point since WAR is better in every situation. hopefully this turns it around, or at least makes PLD favorable for some things?
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    syntaxlies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    uldah
    Posts
    4,043
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasagawa View Post
    I think everyone has missed this small yet significant win for PLDs

    I hope it is indeed significant
    i didnt miss it, just waiting to see if they really can block now before i get excited.
    (2)

  6. #6
    Player
    buritoslicer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lomnisa
    Posts
    653
    Character
    Buritoslicer Buritosandwich
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I am crying tears of JOY right now!
    (0)
    (*) Buritoslicer Buritosandwich - CounterPost XIV of Sargatanas
    http://www.counterpostfc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    "Buritoslicer Buritosandwich" is one of the best names on Lindblum.

  7. #7
    Player
    SwordCoheir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    866
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I'm happy they're taking initiative, but I'm gonna hold my breath till we actually see how significant the change is. Granted this is the way I see it.

    If block rate increase is very significant (like easily blocking 2out of 3 hits average) and the damage reduced is like 40%-50% minimum I'd say it's a good balance.

    If the block rate increase is negligible (like 1 out of every 5-10 hits) but the damage reduced is very significant like that of parry where it's possible to actually fully block physical moves then that's a good balance too.

    I just hope they actually tested their adjustment against parry before they released it, I'd hate to see us setup for more disappointment.
    (0)

    Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

  8. #8
    Player
    Kiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,462
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Hi Sword and all,

    Agreed.

    I hope Block Rate & the Blocking Formula (vs. dLvl) has truly been significantly improved to make Shields more viable.

    With the launch of Block Materia as well, perhaps we might really see some good Block Rate / Blocking Damage Reduction happening, and maybe it'll be more apparent when we hit the "ceiling / floor" with enough Block Materia stacked?

    Can't wait to try it out tonight!
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player
    SwordCoheir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    866
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    Can't wait to try it out tonight!
    Heheheh you won't be trying it out tonight, your gonna be at Garuda with the rest of your shell tryin to be the first to beat her. :P
    (0)

    Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]