Oh god, another "wait and see" arguer.



Oh god, another "wait and see" arguer.



Raising hell before we saw DRG rework seemed to do wonders, with the SE actually pushing it back until 7.0. Even if it's absolute dogshit despite all the push back and demands against oversimplification, at least I got to play the entire patch cycle with my favorite job before it's gone.
You absolutely should criticize before we see the full thing, because clearly the culture in SE is such that once they release something, it's almost impossible to get them to admit they made a mistake.
Last edited by ThorneDynasty; 04-30-2024 at 04:45 AM.



I mean in the exact same way I meant it before, I wouldn't defend the DRG rework until we know more about it.Raising hell before we saw DRG rework seemed to do wonders, with the SE actually pushing it back until 7.0. Even if it's absolute dogshit despite all the push back and demands against oversimplification, at least I got to play the entire patch cycle with my favorite job before it's gone.
You absolutely should criticize before we see the full thing, because clearly the culture in SE is such that once they release something, it's almost impossible to get them to admit they made a mistake.

Not implying you're bad at the game, but what I'm saying is you're probably just using it in spots that don't consistently break it in the first place. If something like a MCH mit prevents your whole TBN from breaking, then you probably shouldn't use it there. If the knockback you're talking about is the final laser in limit cut, MCH mit shouldn't prevent your TBN from breaking unless you were to kitchen sink it. Your complaints are valid, but I'm listing as to why TBN is still a strong short CD and why people prefer it over the other ones. TBN can be janky because of gear and whatnot, but the only fights where gear has held my TBN back from breaking is during the first turn of each tier and that's it. Everything else was just a skill issue on my part.I don't think the job is horrible, i just don't think it provides anything the others don't already do better.
Idk why forum users like claiming TBN is a skill based mit in an attempt to undermine my problems with it, to imply i'm just bad at the game. My problems with it specifically come from external mits.
Which are completely out of my control. It's the fact that i get punished when someone else fucks with my mitigation plan when none of the other tanks are.
Off topic, but I really hope we can get stackable dark arts in DT lol
Last edited by Sazuzaki; 04-30-2024 at 09:55 AM.
I pop a TBN before the knockback towers, and when it comes back up i pop one to deal with the DoT as well.Not implying you're bad at the game, but what I'm saying is you're probably just using it in spots that don't consistently break it in the first place. If something like a MCH mit prevents your whole TBN from breaking, then you probably shouldn't use it there. If the knockback you're talking about is the final laser in limit cut, MCH mit shouldn't prevent your TBN from breaking unless you were to kitchen sink it. Your complaints are valid, but I'm listing as to why TBN is still a strong short CD and why people prefer it over the other ones. TBN can be janky because of gear and whatnot, but the only fights where gear has held my TBN back from breaking is during the first turn of each tier and that's it. Everything else was just a skill issue on my part.
Off topic, but I really hope we can get stackable dark arts in DT lol
This worked out just fine normally (At the time i did it anyways) but the DoT doesn't hit hard enough if someone else pops extra mits.
Half of the issue is getting better gear, which felt particularly bad in this tier because half the gear came with tenacity.
Last edited by GoatOfWar; 04-30-2024 at 10:37 AM.



I think everyone is looking hard at DRK for DT, and GNB as well in terms of utility since that no longer determines how much damage a tank does.
I do think a upgraded TBN is needed for DT and a level 40 version of TBN needs to be created as well.



Can see the want of a low level version of TBN (Arcane Barrier, just to spit ball a name), but honestly I want Dark Mind to get the Addle treatment. Is a bit nasty that Camouflage gets to be a 10% generic mit with bonus for physical auto attacks but the moment the majority or all damage is physical Dark Mind ceases to exist as a cooldown. In example, basically most dungeons.
A simple "Reduces magical damage taken by 20% and reduces physical damage taken by 10%" would do the trick for me. Still better for magic (basically unchanged), actually not a dead cooldown against physical attacks.



You could just simplify it to 10% Mit, 10% Magic mit.



Well. Kind of, but there are differences. For a start, this would be a net -1% magic mitigation (0.9 * 0.9 = 0.81 -> 81% damage remaining -> 19% mitigation), not a debilitating decrease but I'd rather keep it stable.
For another, it would then grant mitigation against Unique damage (i.e. not-physical + not-magical). Generally this only really applies to Heavensward and prior (breath attacks often had this, like Ifrit's breath) as Unique damage is mostly attributed to unavoidable mechanic damage.
Final two points would be less spaghetti code for CBU3 devs to work on (damage calculation formula) and it is simply easier to digest when you read it as a player. 20% magic, 10% phys has zero ambiguity over what it does. Plus it is easier to argue for the implementation due to Addle having basically this effect but in debuff form.
TL;DR: both are fine, but I see my suggestion more realistically added - gut feeling.
|
|
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
|
Cookie Policy
This website uses cookies. If you do not wish us to set cookies on your device, please do not use the website. Please read the Square Enix cookies policy for more information. Your use of the website is also subject to the terms in the Square Enix website terms of use and privacy policy and by using the website you are accepting those terms. The Square Enix terms of use, privacy policy and cookies policy can also be found through links at the bottom of the page.
Reply With Quote


