Results 1 to 10 of 9558

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Renathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,747
    Character
    Ren Thras
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    As respectfully as I can say this:

    I disagree.

    While some parts of the story I didn't like, the story itself I liked overall, some parts of it I liked tremendously, and now with the resolution, I feel it was a journey well taken. Things are nicely tied up and very much leaning into the feeling of rest and reprieve ahead.I know a lot of people like to hate things, and I know others don't but simply have different tastes. And that's fine. But honestly, it's not healthy to harbor so much pent up hate over things.

    As for me, I feel the journey was worthwhile, and I like where it ended up in 6.5, and I like where it seems to be going. I'm sorry you didn't all enjoy it, but I'm reminded of that saying "You can't please all of the people all of the time." Hope you enjoy the future better than you have the present.
    (6)

  2. #2
    Player
    Lunaxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Character
    Pomelo Melo
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    As respectfully as I can say this.
    The patronising false concern tactic used to obliquely insinuate we're so embittered it's clouding our judgement and downplay valid issues is growing really stale.

    No one likes to hate anything - except perhaps some of the users who seem to have a bizarre preoccupation with playing up to the trolls lately - but in the same vein some people will call a spade a spade when they see one. I've had parts of the game that have put me to sleep before, but I could recognise they just weren't my thing and that other players get a kick out of it, like Allag, for instance - I had friends who loved the whole Ancient, sci-fi mystery tech thing, but for a long time I found the aesthetic and background behind it bland and boring. Stormblood was also not a high point for me, but it was okay and I appreciate some people have an appetite for that whole political, military campaign side of things, and I enjoyed bits of it. But this entire arc has been insipid, poorly paced, badly written and more than anything, lazy. FFXIV has been hit and miss at times with what they've implemented over the years, but there has always been a relatively consistent standard of quality and effort that you could feel from the devs. Something quite clearly fell off a cliff this time around.

    If you like it, and were able to take something from it - cool! But please don't use your positive opinion as a weapon to cast aspersions on other players' point of view because it conflicts with your own.
    (22)