Results 1 to 10 of 9558

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Rosenstrauch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Valnain
    Posts
    832
    Character
    Wind-up Antecedent
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Midareyukki View Post
    I have a weird question for you guys.

    ...is there anything you guys liked about Endwalker?
    Aside from 99% of everything in Elpis, because I seriously can't get enough of the Ancients and would gladly trade whatever plans the devs have for 7.0 or 8.0 in exchange for an entire expansion set in the Unsundered World?

    I was quite fond of 99% of what went down in Garlemald, too. I've got my gripes about that, of course, and I'm also of the mind that we should've gotten a Greater Garlemald expansion that ended in the capital rather than containing the entire thing to one zone, but what we got was good enough, I think.

    I also really like what I've seen in Pandaemonium, the Sharlayan idiot who sent us there aside. Themis and Erichthonios are lovely characters, and it was nice to see a side to Lahabrea that was unfortunately absent due the lack of planning that went into him in prior MSQ content. I even think Athena, a sociopathic megalomaniac with a penchant for human transmutation, is a pretty rad villain. She's what Amon-daniel should've been, honestly.

    Finally, I like Zero. I don't care some details, as usual. But I'm a sucker for broken people learning to live again, and Zero scratches that itch well enough for me. I can only hope they don't do something stupid with her in 6.4, 'cause "the writers do something stupid with a character I warmed up to" has been a recurring problem with Endwalker for me, but that's for the future.

    Now, I'm not saying "Go play another game if you're so bothered" since that's a stupid thing to say overall. But I don't understand why you guys want to remain in the game, knowing it won't change, knowing Square hasn't heard anyone's voice thus far...
    For me? Hope, mostly. Right now I'm in the "only paying one month per patch at most" phase of walking away, but so long as there's some hope that CBU3 will look at the backlash Endwalker received and course correct. And if they don't, well, I've got a pretty big backlog to work through, games I've been itching to replay, and so on.

    In fact, I'm not even paying my sub right now. Couldn't log in if I wanted to. I only have forum access because it takes weeks for the verification check to kick in.

    Especially not when so many people have praised the expansion, both within and outside the forums.
    Prepare to cringe.


    But seriously, I am never going to give a fuck about that.
    (12)

  2. #2
    Player Midareyukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bozja
    Posts
    2,580
    Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenstrauch View Post
    But seriously, I am never going to give a fuck about that.
    Even if that's what Square is having the most? o: Because "some hope that CBU3 will look at the backlash Endwalker received and course correct" might not happen if they think they did well.
    (2)

  3. #3
    Player
    Rosenstrauch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Valnain
    Posts
    832
    Character
    Wind-up Antecedent
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Midareyukki View Post
    Even if that's what Square is having the most? o: Because "some hope that CBU3 will look at the backlash Endwalker received and course correct" might not happen if they think they did well.
    Then I'll just keep crowing about it until the sun burns out, the rivers run dry, and my forum access expires.
    (7)

  4. #4
    Player Midareyukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bozja
    Posts
    2,580
    Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenstrauch View Post
    Then I'll just keep crowing about it until the sun burns out, the rivers run dry, and my forum access expires.
    Alright xD

    And yeah, overall, I disagreed with parts of Endwalker really hard, but I also found stuff that I enjoyed too. I found some stuff to be hella cringe, but other stuff to work just fine.

    Well, still. I hope I didn't make anyone uncomfortable tbh. I just figured... "People are saying it sucked and that it's the end of that. And that the incoming content isn't being good either. But that can't be right, they have to like something, otherwise they wouldn't be continuously discussing it". As in, clearly there had to be something else, because only saying "I don't like it" and leaving it at that wouldn't make for an almost-800 page thread. Things would eventually just die out.

    Even if this thread is among the "few" (questionable?) who are vocal about what the disagreement with the story is, hopefuly Square does hear at least some of it and can do better in the future.
    (4)

  5. #5
    Player AwesomeJr44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    1,128
    Character
    Marel Nobelle
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenstrauch View Post
    This has been the stance I've taken on a lot of things, Endwalker included. Some things are indeed opinion, but others aren't, and I won't pretend that objective fact is mere opinion. It doesn't matter if people hate me for it, I will speak the truth, Striker or Renalt's supposed majority be damned.
    (6)