Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
Problem with that is the concept of "fun" is extremely subjective, which is why many of us focus on "engagement". We just want something to do that isn't boring when there's no healing to be done.
Quote Originally Posted by SeverianLyonesse View Post
I agree, and I think that "engagement" is a more objective way of framing it. And thankfully there are other people in this thread who seem to also be following that line of argument.
I have to disagree.

"Engagement" easily allows for bloated or shallow "Hit the shining button!" "Do your dance!" "Fill the bars!" "Follow your CD schedules!" (with nothing else to do between) "gameplay" to be taken as sufficeint just because it has you doing something, regardless of how dull that something may be.

Healers at present have plenty of buttons 'to press' and any good healer will have 100% uptime, never lacking something (singular though it may often be) to do. Under an "engagement" metric, it gets far harder to point out why that'd be insufficient.