I just wish blacklist would actually prevent them from being partied with you in duties. :/
It's pretty useless.
I just wish blacklist would actually prevent them from being partied with you in duties. :/
It's pretty useless.



Yeah these won't be more than 50 tbh
Bots are quick to get banned so no point in blacklisting them because by tomorrow the bot who will spam in the chat is going to be another one.
People, who spam things like what? Most are by incidents from what I see.
FCs recruiters aren't that many. Their messages are but just blacklist a couple of them and it will all become quiet.
People who harass you should be reported as well as blacklisting but as FCs recruiters they shouldn't be many.
Which in the end doesn't exceeds 50 players unless something is wrong indeed and that's probably from the player's side, not theirs.
It's not useless. Imagine blacklisting all the good players at PvP from the opposite factions so you don't get matched with them?
Last edited by Kranel_San; 09-07-2021 at 07:29 PM.



In which it would also be used to blacklist all the players who're starting doing PvP because they're not skilled enough. Which is something that is currently happening in some PF groups in which some players get blacklisted even without a warning or something because they're not good enough. Someone even went too far to the point they shouted in the chat: "Blacklist X player!!!" without specifying why and I have seen this more than once.
If Blacklisting players would stop them from being matched with you in DF then this may results in a longer queue time from either your end or theirs, which can be avoided by just ignoring them and not replying to any of their messages. The game shouldn't punish others and stop matching them with you because you just disagreed with them. In fact, it's ultra-rare for you to be matched with someone on your blacklist in any duty roulette unless one of you is spamming a duty roulette and the other queued for it then here there is a higher chance of getting matched up but otherwise its ultra-rare. As for PvP, if I'm not mistaken you can't chat with others. So in the end there is no reason to stop someone from being matched with you in DF. It can only cause harassment ( Mass/Encouraged Blacklisting on a player )
As I have said earlier, unless a player is a snowflake who literally blacklist anyone they disagreed with, I don't see how a player can have more than 50 other players in their blacklist without counting the bots.
Mass blacklisting seems to be mostly a JP problem. Anybody who tries it in NA tends to find out they're the ones that can't get a queue pop.In which it would also be used to blacklist all the players who're starting doing PvP because they're not skilled enough. ...
If Blacklisting players would stop them from being matched with you in DF then this may results in a longer queue time from either your end or theirs, ...
... So in the end there is no reason to stop someone from being matched with you in DF. It can only cause harassment ( Mass/Encouraged Blacklisting on a player )
There are far more serious concerns (stalking) than avoiding bruising somebody's fragile ego. Gods forbid anything tragic happens but the way Square has implemented their system is not going to impress many judges.
I think this is still true. The only saving grace of the current blacklist system.
I feel like you haven't been playing this game for very long, or that you're lucky for not running into the types of people that we blacklist. You know, the ones who yell at new people for getting hit by AOEs and kick up a fuss about wipes on old content. Heck, I had a tank refuse to pull in one of the new raids because we wiped a few times on the release day and then we had to kick him.
And then to get the same people when we queue up for something else makes us feel like the blacklist is useless.



A) Not possible, given the amount of time I've spent playing MMOs with zero folks ever on an ignore list (see post above for lowkey brag, not gonna repeat it again =P)
B) Yelling at someone for being hit by an AoE doesn't warrant a block, it warrants a polite request to not yell. Ditto 'kicking up a fuss about wipes in old content.'
My behavior doesn't perpetuate negativity, therefore negativity doesn't follow me around and happen everywhere. I also realize that humans aren't restricted to the care-bear happy-go-lucky type of behavior. When another human simply needs to vent for a minute, I won't put them on a block list for that reason. Someone would have to absolutely melt down with racial assaults, bigotry, unwarranted sexual talk, talk of illegal activities, etc., in order for me to block them.
Though I have seen that kind of talk, if it's not directed at me, then it warrants a report, not a block. What I consider 'reportable behavior' has never been directed at me, not in hundreds of thousands of interactions with other MMO players. Never, not once, since 1999. I ain't a magician or anything, so how have I avoided it? I dunno, you tell me.
We should all deal with these things (complaining about AoE damage or mechanics failures), try to put a positive angle on the interactions, and if that fails, move on. Humans will be humans and will use language humans do. I cannot and will not manipulate the environment so I can trick myself into thinking these things don't exist.
Last edited by Breakbeat; 09-09-2021 at 03:43 AM.
"If you pay attention to the world, it's an amazing place. If you don't, it's whatever you think it is.” – Reggie Watts



By now, I have been playing for two years. In very rare cases have I met any kind of player unwilling to cooperate with the party. In these cases, in addition to kicking, sometimes we also report.I feel like you haven't been playing this game for very long, or that you're lucky for not running into the types of people that we blacklist. You know, the ones who yell at new people for getting hit by AOEs and kick up a fuss about wipes on old content. Heck, I had a tank refuse to pull in one of the new raids because we wiped a few times on the release day and then we had to kick him.
And then to get the same people when we queue up for something else makes us feel like the blacklist is useless.
Blacklisting toxic or players with very bad behaviors is not a solution. Reporting is.
If blacklisting stopped players from getting matched with others who blacklisted them then this can easily be misused by many.
Sure you don't do it? Others will. If a feature can not be misused or affecting others negatively them I'm all with it, but as I have said this can easily be misused. In fact, in my EU DC ( Yes EU, not JP ) I have been in parties from the party finder where I have seen players blacklisting any who makes a single mistake. Even sometimes shouting their names or insulting them. Do you think this kind of players won't be encouraged with blacklisting allowing players not to get matched with blacklisted players?



I would rather have some sort of solution so that people can actually avoid those who harass them or try to stalk them in real life. Square literally does nothing in these situations because they expect the victim and the abuser to come to some sort of civility. That's literally why we can't unfriend someone and be unfriended on their end. Like, just that on its own would solve a lot of problems.By now, I have been playing for two years. In very rare cases have I met any kind of player unwilling to cooperate with the party. In these cases, in addition to kicking, sometimes we also report.
Blacklisting toxic or players with very bad behaviors is not a solution. Reporting is.
If blacklisting stopped players from getting matched with others who blacklisted them then this can easily be misused by many.
Sure you don't do it? Others will. If a feature can not be misused or affecting others negatively them I'm all with it, but as I have said this can easily be misused. In fact, in my EU DC ( Yes EU, not JP ) I have been in parties from the party finder where I have seen players blacklisting any who makes a single mistake. Even sometimes shouting their names or insulting them. Do you think this kind of players won't be encouraged with blacklisting allowing players not to get matched with blacklisted players?
I think some are forgetting that soon Data Center visitation will be a thing. I know of several people (including myself) that left their original data center to avoid stalkers. When the floodgates open, there's really nothing stopping those who are still obsessed with their victims from finding them again. So yeah, I don't really care if a minority uses the system to blacklist people they don't like or want to run content with because there are THOUSANDS of people playing FF. It's worth implementing something to protect the majority.
Last edited by LianaThorne; 09-09-2021 at 06:17 AM.
|
|
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
|
Cookie Policy
This website uses cookies. If you do not wish us to set cookies on your device, please do not use the website. Please read the Square Enix cookies policy for more information. Your use of the website is also subject to the terms in the Square Enix website terms of use and privacy policy and by using the website you are accepting those terms. The Square Enix terms of use, privacy policy and cookies policy can also be found through links at the bottom of the page.

Reply With Quote





