Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Player
    Kallistra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    487
    Character
    Kallistra Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    I went with a group that was 7 BLU 1 max level for Ramuh's spell. We got it our 2nd go, so a few people dropped, we picked up more BLUs and helped the guy who tanked for us.

    It took over 3 hours to get this guy his skill. Easily 150+ runs. It was beyond ridiculous.
    (1)

    Artwork belongs to twitter.com/PeachPii
    Pretty «Cure»
    Dark Knight and Warrior
    Married Selli 2020

  2. #12
    Player
    KageTokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,116
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 100
    I think it took 20+ runs for Ifrit and Ramuh and around a dozen for Shiva.

    Didn't bother with the other primals since I didn't need their skills to do a full rotation properly.

    I mildly dread the inevitable grind of the six HW primals + maybe Nidhogg for their new skills.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player
    SenorPatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cosmic Black Hole of a Hot Pocket
    Posts
    3,054
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 100
    Shiva was the first and last trial I did for the skill

    We did in party with a 4/4/4 rotation (4 blumages, 4 capped other people, 4 tries per group). I was in the second rotation. My group got it on the second try, so we swapped.

    That poor first group. I was the last of the people who tried to help the first group at the 12th run before finally giving up. I felt bad but I had to go.

    I never did any other trial after that. The rng method is terrible. I've said it before and I'll say it again: what SE should've done is give a 100% rate on skills provided you're in a party of blumages, -5% per non-blumage. This would've made the content more "engaging" because people would be motivated to do the content with fellow blumages and at least get a sense of well-derserved reward, rather than get a friend at capped level to spam ad nauseam an instance just to get the skill. Especially when you consider the end goal is to basically partake of the Masked Carnival.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

  4. #14
    Player
    AuraAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    39
    Character
    Aura Astra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    I got most of them the first weekend BLU was available to play. I found a group in PF for the dungeon spells (running 4 BLU), then we got more people for the trial spells where we did 4/4 runs, swapping every 5 until everyone had the spells we were chasing. We didn't manage to get all of the trial spells because some of us had to stop after 18 hours of spell grinding. I've since gotten a couple more of them (the one from Binding Coil and Leviathan) with random pug groups farming the spells, but I'm actually still short a few. I tend to keep an eye on PF for groups grinding the relevant instances for the purpose of completing my spellbook.

    I'm hoping that when the new spells come out my friends from that original BLU group will be up for the grind. Because after spending that much time together there was no way we weren't going to add each other to our friends lists.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player
    AlphaFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,638
    Character
    Rena Ryuugu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Once the Ifrit bug was fixed, only like 6 runs for normal. However I burned myself out trying before I knew it was a bug and had little drive to get more
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player
    Kahnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,616
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Tried Shiva for 3 days, 4 hours per days.
    The next day I decide to stop playing BLU altogether.
    I’m not supposed to waste this much time for just one BLU spell.
    (3)

  7. #17
    Player
    SturmChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,073
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    Shiva was the first and last trial I did for the skill
    I helped my friend get the Shiva skill, and it took FOREVER. I did the same thing except I didn't even get the skill, got bored leveling it (level 16), saw the RNG on Shiva, and was like.... HECK TO THE NO! Haven't touched it since. I don't even know what I did with my BLU weapon...
    (1)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

  8. #18
    Player
    Awful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,280
    Character
    Awful Name
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Shiva took me..78 kills, Ramuh took me 65 and I gave up never tried again never will because they're just not worth the effort.
    (4)

  9. #19
    Player Soge01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    2,406
    Character
    Waira Amarilla
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Shiva took me..78 kills, Ramuh took me 65 and I gave up never tried again never will because they're just not worth the effort.
    This pretty much sums up my experience. I managed to get Titan and Ifrit thankfully because I had 3 party members that were super cool with helping me out getting my primal spells. But I just couldn't take it anymore after Shiva.

    That fact that all of them had to carry me just to unlock ONE stupid spell for each trial just made me lose it and quit BLU.
    (2)

  10. #20
    Player
    Deceptus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Goblet - 16th Ward, Plot 55
    Posts
    4,418
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I gave up on certain ones (Shiva)

    But when I was farming, i'd see multiple horses, crafting mats, Nightmares, etc and never see a BLU spell.

    It is pretty ridiculous. All for a spell that is a carbon copy of another spell
    (1)
    Veteran healers don't care if we need to heal, but right now we don't. We want interesting things to do during the downtime other than a 30s dot and a single filler spell that hasn't changed from lvl 4 to lvl 90.
    Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.[/LIST]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast