Results 1 to 10 of 146

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Spratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Mint Creme
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
    My two gil on the matter (apologies if I'm repeating anyone, but I'm not going through 13 pages to find out):
    1. the argument that they don't want people to "lewd up" the kids is kinda ridiculous when you factor Lalafells into the equation. True, they're TECHNICALLY adults, but they look like toddlers, and you see Lala players using the Shisui/Thavnairian/etc. outfits all the time; to me, if you're going to argue that putting teen characters is sexual poses is bad, the already-available option to do so with Lalafells is worse.
    Short people = / = children

    [Edited] - Also I don't think anyone is talking about "teens". People very deliberately asked for children as playable. I.e. around Khloe's age. I'm sure modders have already found a way around this for people who really want that, but Square cannot and will not risk their game for a selfish request like that.
    (4)
    Last edited by Spratchet; 05-16-2019 at 06:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    Elizar_Naki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    107
    Character
    Akra Myastan
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Spratchet View Post
    Short people = / = children
    I'm pretty sure I addressed this already--you even quoted it. The point is, they LOOK like toddlers, and the same people who are likely to complain about putting ACTUAL kids in these scenarios are equally likely to complain about Lalas in those scenarios because of their childlike appearance. And in my mind, putting a teenager in fanservice gear/poses isn't as bad as putting someone who looks like a five-year-old in the same gear/poses. Neither is something I'd advocate, but one is still worse than the other as far as I'm concerned.
    (0)
    Were we born to fight and die? Sacrificed for one huge lie?
    Are we heroes keeping peace?
    Or are we weapons?
    Pointed at the enemy so someone else can claim a victory?

  3. #3
    Player
    Spratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Mint Creme
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
    I'm pretty sure I addressed this already--you even quoted it. The point is, they LOOK like toddlers, and the same people who are likely to complain about putting ACTUAL kids in these scenarios are equally likely to complain about Lalas in those scenarios because of their childlike appearance. And in my mind, putting a teenager in fanservice gear/poses isn't as bad as putting someone who looks like a five-year-old in the same gear/poses. Neither is something I'd advocate, but one is still worse than the other as far as I'm concerned.
    The problem, again, is that we are not talking about people asking for teenage characters. We are talking about people asking for children. Khloe's age or lower. Not Alphinaud / Alisae's age. Literal children. No. That will not ever happen.
    (0)