Results 1 to 10 of 3658

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Lunaxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Character
    Pomelo Melo
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    I was levelling my LNC for cross class skills last night and got Sastasha on roulette. All three party members had the green sprout and the bonus message went off, so I checked their search info - sure enough, all completely new, just the one class to 15 - 18. I felt a bit apprehensive, but tried not to judge too harshly. A lot of newbies can do really well!

    ...but not this group.

    The tank pulls by walking up to the mob and standing there, the healer runs around like a headless chicken using Cures on full HP and the ARC runs up to enemies and shoots them in the face at point blank range. Unsurprisingly I end up taking aggro, but we get through it. Second mob - two aurelias and a bat - somehow the tank wipes, the healer ends up getting aggro by using Medica three times in a row when the tank's already dead and also wipes, so I pop a Second Wind and finish the mob off. Trying to segue into giving some polite advice, I ask the group if they're new. The tank responds by staring at me for three minutes and then uses Return.

    Suspicious, I check the party list. All three of them are German. Ah.

    I left at that point. Hopefully they got a German DPS who explained things to them...
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    DarkmoonVael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,014
    Character
    Darkmoon Vael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaxia View Post
    I was levelling my LNC for cross class skills last night and got Sastasha on roulette. All three party members had the green sprout and the bonus message went off, so I checked their search info - sure enough, all completely new, just the one class to 15 - 18. I felt a bit apprehensive, but tried not to judge too harshly. A lot of newbies can do really well!

    ...but not this group.

    The tank pulls by walking up to the mob and standing there, the healer runs around like a headless chicken using Cures on full HP and the ARC runs up to enemies and shoots them in the face at point blank range. Unsurprisingly I end up taking aggro, but we get through it. Second mob - two aurelias and a bat - somehow the tank wipes, the healer ends up getting aggro by using Medica three times in a row when the tank's already dead and also wipes, so I pop a Second Wind and finish the mob off. Trying to segue into giving some polite advice, I ask the group if they're new. The tank responds by staring at me for three minutes and then uses Return.

    Suspicious, I check the party list. All three of them are German. Ah.

    I left at that point. Hopefully they got a German DPS who explained things to them...
    Ah yes that sweet sweet time in any budding conjurors career when they first unlock medica and have it in mind "higher level healing spell = categorically better than lower one" so away they go and medica spam (we have all been there).
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    Lunaxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Character
    Pomelo Melo
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkmoonVael View Post
    Ah yes that sweet sweet time in any budding conjurors career when they first unlock medica and have it in mind "higher level healing spell = categorically better than lower one" so away they go and medica spam (we have all been there).
    I got the feeling it was the first time they'd actually used it, and their thought process was something along the lines of "!!! LOOK AT THE HEALS! USE MORE!" And then they wiped.

    (And I just noticed you're a fellow Cerberan! I don't often see them here.)
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Kacho_Nacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    2,698
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaxia View Post
    I got the feeling it was the first time they'd actually used it, and their thought process was something along the lines of "!!! LOOK AT THE HEALS! USE MORE!" And then they wiped.
    We have all done it at one point.

    It's easy to get caught up in that blizzard of healing numbers from an AoE heal and lose sight of the bigger picture.

    In this case, it seems like the players were new and panicked. I feel bad for everyone involved because if the three had been grouped with another germanic speaker they could have been talked through the experience and gained a little more knowledge and confidence.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    DarkmoonVael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,014
    Character
    Darkmoon Vael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaxia View Post
    I got the feeling it was the first time they'd actually used it, and their thought process was something along the lines of "!!! LOOK AT THE HEALS! USE MORE!" And then they wiped.

    (And I just noticed you're a fellow Cerberan! I don't often see them here.)
    There are a few of us Cerberans that lurk the forums .

    I think i may have done that with medica back in beta, those were the days .
    (0)