Meanwhile, on SE Headquarters...
"How do we fix PLD now..."
"let´s make a fight where he is useful"
Mission accomplished.
Meanwhile, on SE Headquarters...
"How do we fix PLD now..."
"let´s make a fight where he is useful"
Mission accomplished.
Never a mind was changed on an internet board, no matter how good your arguments are...
I really like Thordan EX as a tank in general. It allows me to make use of my entire set of skills on PLD (well, except my interrupts) and actually have decisions to make. I can also coordinate with both of my healers with things like Virus and Eye. None of that is possible on a magic-only fight; even DRK has like 4 useless skills when tanking one of the Manipulators legs so I think this is actually a better designed fight in terms of game play even for a DRK than that fight is, even though A4S literally caters to DRK buff durations and types.
I'm not entirely sure that making content like Thordan is a complete solution. This content was literally built for PLD+WAR (All physical tank damage, damage to mitigate when you can't target the boss, increased mitigation allowing you to ignore certain mechanics, muti-hit physical cleaves, lots of down time). Is SE always going to release content like this? Are PLD and DRK players just going to swap back and forth while the WAR remains a permanent fixture? What about casual tank players who only want to have one tank leveled?
However, Thordan is really fun in general and I think a promising sign. I do still wish SE would acknowledge that tank design and content design are intertwined and stop being in denial about DRK and PLD.
Last edited by eagledorf; 11-13-2015 at 09:35 AM.
http://bit.do/PLD_A4S
|
|
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
|
Cookie Policy
This website uses cookies. If you do not wish us to set cookies on your device, please do not use the website. Please read the Square Enix cookies policy for more information. Your use of the website is also subject to the terms in the Square Enix website terms of use and privacy policy and by using the website you are accepting those terms. The Square Enix terms of use, privacy policy and cookies policy can also be found through links at the bottom of the page.

Reply With Quote




