Results -9 to 0 of 18

Threaded View

  1. #4
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Castillan View Post
    I play from Australia. My network ping time to the servers is a steady 320-350ms, which is about as fast as it gets from this distance. I was with a team on the first boss (ADS). I see the lasers mark, I move as fast as is humanly possible. I am outside of the area, I've cast an instant spell (regen), and am starting to cast the next spell and I get hit anyway, WITHOUT FAIL.

    The only way I could avoid it was to always be moving and if the lasers showed up, just keep moving. Thing is, any time I stop moving to heal anyone, the laser invariably is on me, and even if I cancel, move instantly, cast regen (instant cast to update server position), I STILL get hit some 2-3s AFTER leaving the red area.

    This is just unplayable crap.

    Way to go. Make a game with end-game content, that is unplayable for those in the player base not living within 5000 miles of the servers.
    Friend in my free company lives in new zealand, plays on the NA servers, and has no problem playing coil (has made it to turn 4 with meh gear). Also had no trouble dodging when I helped her with titan (occasionally got hit but no more than anyone else in the party)

    That aside, you realize there are english communites on the JP servers, which should give you much better ping. I believe Tonberry was one of the "unofficial" Aussie servers. You might consider transferring. There might be issues with your ISP treating the game's traffic as P2P traffic and VPN tools might help you as well. I don't get where you got this idea that casting instant cast abilities makes the server update your position faster, because it doesn't.

    Dozens upon dozens on posts on these very forums have suggested the same thing.
    Dozens and dozens of people on these very forums can be wrong, and I see it all the time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.