Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Player
    SweetPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 100

    New Physical Range DPS

    Hey y’all!

    So based on what we know and the teasers from the NA/EU Fanfest. What do y’all think the weapon will be for the new physical range dps?

    At first I was totally against the crossbow but then after watching NA Fanfest again and seein’ Yoshi P call out the crossbow as one of the weapons then tell everyone someone called out the actual weapon. I’m convinced it’s a crossbow. It’s something FFXIV hasn’t done yet. I don’t even think a boss fight in the game so far has utilized the crossbow. I could be wrong though.

    What are y\\'all guesses?
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Comic_Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2026
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Ashrynn Ljanta
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 73
    Crossbow could be interesting since FFXIV could easily come up with a way of making it interesting. A ranger class wouldn't be bad as I saw people speculating about the Hawk in the trailer so a ranger using an animal companion and a crossbow might be a neat idea. The thing is Machinist already has the AutoCrossbow ability as part of the kit so I wonder if they want to tweak that around or not.

    My hope(even though I know it's very very unlikely) is for a dual pistol/gunslinger class using magic bullets as I think that's a bit more fun than a crossbow. But they turned dual wield shielding tanks into an incredibly cool weapon so excited to see what they do.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    Allooutrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    210
    Character
    Alloou Trick
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    I'm inclined to believe his NA shirt is a hint to both classes and I recall someone saying something about a bird at the EU fanfest in a trailer. So guess who's back and a bird? A phys ranged with a returning weapon? That's my guess. A phys ranged that uses a bird. Though a boomerang, also, returns.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    SweetPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Crow View Post
    Crossbow could be interesting since FFXIV could easily come up with a way of making it interesting. A ranger class wouldn't be bad as I saw people speculating about the Hawk in the trailer so a ranger using an animal companion and a crossbow might be a neat idea. The thing is Machinist already has the AutoCrossbow ability as part of the kit so I wonder if they want to tweak that around or not.

    My hope(even though I know it's very very unlikely) is for a dual pistol/gunslinger class using magic bullets as I think that's a bit more fun than a crossbow. But they turned dual wield shielding tanks into an incredibly cool weapon so excited to see what they do.
    Yeah I’m not too excited about dual guns. I don’t like guns. I mean if we do get them I’ll be happy for y’all but I just don’t like guns to begin with so I’m kinda wishing it will be something different.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    SweetPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Allooutrick View Post
    I'm inclined to believe his NA shirt is a hint to both classes and I recall someone saying something about a bird at the EU fanfest in a trailer. So guess who's back and a bird? A phys ranged with a returning weapon? That's my guess. A phys ranged that uses a bird. Though a boomerang, also, returns.
    I think the guess whose back is pertaining to the boss at cape west wind. It does hint at something. I don’t put it here but ya right that both jobs were hinted on that shirt.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player
    Nero-Voidstails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    1,102
    Character
    Nero Tsukimi
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 100
    I think it would be a dual pistol and it's going to be a pirate job
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player
    Laerune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,142
    Character
    Yu Zeneolsia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Big crossbow with a bird pet and the name will be Zephr.
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    ThreeBeastSmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    223
    Character
    Raccam Tantaram
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Guys, what if the weapon was the hawk? Just the hawk. And you just had more varieties of hawks as standard weapons, with maybe some crows to flip things up, and with budgies for novelty skins or... or even annoying geese? That'd be radical no?!

    But nah it's gonna be a whistle-operated mystical sharpie, obviously. (With a hawk sidearm).

    …

    I just don't want it to be a damn crossbow, that'd be the lamest of all the picks that were dropped as possibilities. Why are so many even convinced it's gonna be a damn crossbow... psst makeitthecombatyo-yo.

    Disclaimer: no offense to anyone who likes crossbows lol.
    (1)

  9. #9
    Player
    SweetPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBeastSmile View Post
    Guys, what if the weapon was the hawk? Just the hawk. And you just had more varieties of hawks as standard weapons, with maybe some crows to flip things up, and with budgies for novelty skins or... or even annoying geese? That'd be radical no?!

    But nah it's gonna be a whistle-operated mystical sharpie, obviously. (With a hawk sidearm).

    …

    I just don't want it to be a damn crossbow, that'd be the lamest of all the picks that were dropped as possibilities. Why are so many even convinced it's gonna be a damn crossbow... psst makeitthecombatyo-yo.

    Disclaimer: no offense to anyone who likes crossbows lol.
    Mostly because at the NA Fanfest Yoshi asked the crowd what weapons would they like to see for future jobs and he said a few that the crowd said (Punching-That he dismissed because that is monk, whip- but said it would be hard to animate, yoyo, morning star and crossbow.) Then he said someone actually said the weapon of one of the new jobs but he didn’t say which one. So that’s why some people think it’s crossbow.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player
    SweetPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerune View Post
    Big crossbow with a bird pet and the name will be Zephr.
    Well the name I already know about but the weapon. I’m still pretty iffy on.

    I just saw a video on YouTube where someone theorize Yoshi P’s shirt he wore to the Berlin concert. It was a t-shirt with the word (Off) on it but a finger pressing into the O like a button. When ya kinda sound it out but-ton it sounds like Baton.

    Lol. Trust me I know. I went kinda like what at first too but it sorta makes sense. Check it out y’all selves. So now I’m between crossbow and baton being the weapons.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/t84VK0ORb...O5UzZ6BOXuA5i0
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast