Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110
  1. #1
    Player
    Archamgel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    82
    Character
    Logan Grayborn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100

    Auto-movement is a mistake.

    I don't get this addition at all. Who was this made for? Questing is not difficult. You don't even have to read anything! Just go to the marked NPC or look around the red circle for thing to interact with or kill. Sure, it's optional, but why even make a world to explore if you're just gonna have a rail system for it?

    Not only that, but this feels like it's just handing bots a tool on a silver platter! I've still got bots on my blacklist from 2.0! I really don't want to have to deal with the bot spam in shouts and pm's again.

    I know I'm just talking to a brick wall, because the work has already been done and they are gonna add it, regardless. But, I just don't see this as anything but a negative for someone who just returned after being gone since StB because of the things shown from the first FanFest. Everything else was great to alright, but this auto-movement is just bad.
    (51)

  2. #2
    Player
    Veritas-Ancora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Shirogane
    Posts
    1,522
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    I don't understand why it's not just an instant teleport.

    What's the point of auto-walking? Just save me the five minutes of walking across an exhaustively long hallway.
    (14)

  3. #3
    Player
    StriderShinryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coeurl
    Posts
    1,458
    Character
    Alexalea Snowsong
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 100
    I can't say I'm too bothered either way. I don't see myself using it unless maybe I'm playing on an alt or something so it will almost certainly be one of those features I forget they've even added like chat bubbles. That said, if the auto pathing does come up as another excuse for why they can't do or won't do more interesting and engaging quest design then I will be bothered by it. I want more quests like the Laboratory investigation or In From The Cold, not even less, and I don't want the devs having even more excuses to not push further and/or more frequently in that direction.
    (10)

  4. #4
    Player
    Alicie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Posts
    464
    Character
    Alicie Wonder
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Archamgel View Post
    I don't get this addition at all. Who was this made for? Questing is not difficult. You don't even have to read anything! Just go to the marked NPC or look around the red circle for thing to interact with or kill. Sure, it's optional, but why even make a world to explore if you're just gonna have a rail system for it?

    Not only that, but this feels like it's just handing bots a tool on a silver platter! I've still got bots on my blacklist from 2.0! I really don't want to have to deal with the bot spam in shouts and pm's again.

    I know I'm just talking to a brick wall, because the work has already been done and they are gonna add it, regardless. But, I just don't see this as anything but a negative for someone who just returned after being gone since StB because of the things shown from the first FanFest. Everything else was great to alright, but this auto-movement is just bad.

    Believe me or not, but this is another feature taken from existing 3rd party addon. And said addon has well over million downloads so, I can tell for sure, there are plenty of people who would be interested in it.

    What I don't understand is why YOU care that much? This addition:
    1) Toggleable
    2) Someone else toggling it on does not affects literally anyone else
    3) Is not used in any competition so does not affects community in any way.
    What's your problem? Is it "I suffered, so I don't want others to have easier time" mentality?


    >but, but bots
    Bots already have software that automatically runs between quests. Had for years. There's a good chance they will continue using their established, well polished system rather than making effort to switch to using built in pathing.
    (21)
    Last edited by Alicie; 07-26-2026 at 12:49 PM.

  5. #5
    Player
    Wyssahtyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    940
    Character
    Saika Kinoshita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 53
    devs apparently complained that this took a lot of resources. sounds like gross mismanagement to me since those man hours could probably have been better dedicated to literally anything else. to say nothing of the fact that their quest design is now undoubtedly locked into being mindless slop that has to be simple enough for their auto pathfinding to get to, much like duty support/trusts have only led to the increasingly braindead nature of dungeons.
    (38)

  6. #6
    Player
    Alicie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2025
    Posts
    464
    Character
    Alicie Wonder
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyssahtyn View Post
    devs apparently complained that this took a lot of resources. sounds like gross mismanagement to me since those man hours could probably have been better dedicated to literally anything else. to say nothing of the fact that their quest design is now undoubtedly locked into being mindless slop that has to be simple enough for their auto pathfinding to get to, much like duty support/trusts have only led to the increasingly braindead nature of dungeons.
    Oh no, developers were for once asked to develop something.
    (5)
    If the story is so good, why does story skip never leaves bestsellers of FFXIV Store?

  7. #7
    Player
    Archamgel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    82
    Character
    Logan Grayborn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicie View Post
    Believe me or not, but this is another feature taken from existing 3rd party addon. And said addon has well over million downloads so, I can tell for sure, there are plenty of people who would be interested in it.

    What I don't understand is why YOU care that much? This addition:
    1) Toggleable
    2) Someone else toggling it on does not affects literally anyone else
    3) Is not used in any competition so does not affects community in any way.
    What's your problem? Is it "I suffered, so I don't want others to have easier time" mentality?
    It's off-putting to see the people auto-pathing in every Korean MMO that has it. It gives no meaning to the world, it bypasses any sense of exploration, and just uncanny to watch lines of people going in the same direction in a perfect line. Yeah, it's toggleable, but it's gonna be prevalent and right in my face, even if I turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicie View Post
    What's your problem? Is it "I suffered, so I don't want others to have easier time" mentality?
    Who in their right mind thinks questing is hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alicie View Post
    >but, but bots
    Well, yeah. Just easily handing them the info to where to go makes the pathing easier. They don't have to use the in-game one, even. They can just use the data from it instead of doing it from scratch.
    (10)

  8. #8
    Player
    Fawkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,920
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    I don't understand why it's not just an instant teleport.

    What's the point of auto-walking? Just save me the five minutes of walking across an exhaustively long hallway.
    It not being an instant teleport is why I don't have any problem with it existing. If it's just chocobo porters but for your feet then that's fine.
    (3)

  9. #9
    Player
    DiaDeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    1,935
    Character
    Vivian Rysto
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Agreed. This is the one thing that I didn't understand.

    I kept thinking: "Oh, you're grabbing that ONE feature from the Mobile version. You know, the one that's shutting down in a month..."
    (16)

  10. #10
    Player JerryBerrry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2026
    Posts
    201
    Character
    Jerry Berrry
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 100
    It’s because people have been extremely lazy (especially american), that they want instant gratification w/ no effort. This game was never meant for them but there are the loudest & whiniest minority people online that devs happen to run across and read.

    Now, if there is some sort of instant tp for the place you cam go back to to continue the quesr/msq that would be good because sometimes i need to stop what i’m doing to kill an S rank and have to go all the way back to my original location only to have to fight another s rank again minutes later
    (1)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast