Results 1 to 10 of 97

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    3,208
    also WHY THE HECK ARE PEOPLE SHOUTING ANYWAYS!!!! THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD USE!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT FOR A PARTY IF PEOPLE USE IT!!!! YOU CAN PUT YOUR LEVEL 50 UP and say "HEY IFRIT/MOOGLE/WHATEVER I'M IN!!" THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE IF PEOPLE USE THE DANG SEARCH FEATURE!

    also the search feature does need a little more update! but still...
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,237
    Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    also WHY THE HECK ARE PEOPLE SHOUTING ANYWAYS!!!! THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD USE!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT FOR A PARTY IF PEOPLE USE IT!!!! YOU CAN PUT YOUR LEVEL 50 UP and say "HEY IFRIT/MOOGLE/WHATEVER I'M IN!!" THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE IF PEOPLE USE THE DANG SEARCH FEATURE!

    also the search feature does need a little more update! but still...
    Because not everoyne is checking search comments 100% of the time to see if someone is doing leveling/Ifrit/dungeons. Shouting can get you people who would like to do those things, but weren't actively looking for a party. I would ask you to take like 2 minutes to think before you post, but we all know you're Rokien. Instead...

    (1)

  3. #3
    Player

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Because not everoyne is checking search comments 100% of the time to see if someone is doing leveling/Ifrit/dungeons. Shouting can get you people who would like to do those things, but weren't actively looking for a party. I would ask you to take like 2 minutes to think before you post, but we all know you're Rokien. Instead...

    Well that's not the games fault now is it.... that's lazy people... hmmm I think I've been trying to fight against this hand out lazyness for a long time now.... Mr." I don't check peoples names on forums" Welp guess we all know you are full of it now!~ Get out of here will ya!
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Ruisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    1,164
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    also WHY THE HECK ARE PEOPLE SHOUTING ANYWAYS!!!! THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD USE!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT FOR A PARTY IF PEOPLE USE IT!!!! YOU CAN PUT YOUR LEVEL 50 UP and say "HEY IFRIT/MOOGLE/WHATEVER I'M IN!!" THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE IF PEOPLE USE THE DANG SEARCH FEATURE!

    also the search feature does need a little more update! but still...
    Because no matter how many times I check the search, nobody is fucking using it but the JPs. Everyone is too used to not having it so they forget to use it. Also it should allow auto-translate in the message.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player
    Yves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    556
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    Because no matter how many times I check the search, nobody is fucking using it but the JPs. Everyone is too used to not having it so they forget to use it. Also it should allow auto-translate in the message.
    Totally agree with this AND the thread in general. As absurd as it sounds, studies show that people operate off of visual cues more than anything else (there is a lengthy yet distinct difference between reading and symbols) which brings up the seek flag. The game needs this and it needs it in a simplified manner that is intuitive and familiar (keyword) to what the playerbase knows. And, from what I have experienced, a majority of players left (again, my experience) are XI players.
    (0)