Quote Originally Posted by Kazhar View Post
This is the Game of Thrones season 8 of FFXIV. While Endwalker is not exactly the worst story ever told (... even though the moral disconnect is certainly something else), the fact that it ruins elements of a story people thought was genuinely good is what makes it especially awful. I don't think people would have cared as much if the game didn't have something before.
In a sense, the game is suffering from Shadowbringers' success in many ways.
*Checks metacritic*

GoT season 8: 4.1

Endwalker: 9.1

I have to wonder, do you ever just think to yourselves "You know what? I'm in the minority here. The majority of players really loved this, and I didn't."? Because at least then I could sympathize with people hating Endwalker. I can see how people would hate it. I disliked some parts of it. Comparing it to Season 8 of GoT however, which was almost universally criticized for rushing to finish the story is just being disingenuous.

YOU didn't like it. From really any metric you can take however, most FFXIV players did.