Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 340

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player RyuDragnier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Gridania
    Posts
    5,465
    Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by angienessyo View Post
    If people are having this much trouble with Sephirot, these forums are going to be on fire when Zurvan Unreal happens. I'm not even sure what exactly people are struggling with in Sephirot, he's not all that mechanically difficult and the bulk of his mechanics have appeared in other fights since Heavensward. People not knowing how to do the bait before the knockbacks is the only thing I can think of that'd really trip people up, as people might initially be afraid of standing in a big blue instakill marker to bait the AOEs.
    I can't wait for the return of "Skip Soar or Disband." The meme, the myth, the legend.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    MilkieTea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Interdimensionality
    Posts
    2,134
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    I can't wait for the return of "Skip Soar or Disband." The meme, the myth, the legend.
    (5)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is

  3. #3
    Player
    VictorSpoils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    1,063
    Character
    Victor Spoils
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkieTea View Post
    This made me realize how old that meme is now.

    Quote Originally Posted by einschwartz View Post
    And in one of my pulls, everything went pretty clean and we were confident getting the clear.
    Until a summoner forget to stack at the wind and get knocked off the platform right before enrage.
    Wipe at 0.2%. >: (
    The enrage is a little too strict, and it seems like several people are just glossing over that. It's true the vast majority of runs haven't even made it that far, but the DPS check is likely a factor in people losing faith. You'll even see "wipe" calls if so much as two people die, even though every single group has a RDM and a SMN. If they don't cut out about 2% of his HP, I'll probably start asking people to bring potions. I used some this past week and noticed you can fit two in the second phase. A 5% damage increase on even a few people for 20% of the phase could negate some of those enrages.
    (0)
    Last edited by VictorSpoils; 09-06-2022 at 07:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Player
    Reinha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,107
    Character
    Reinha Sorrowmoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorSpoils View Post
    The enrage is a little too strict, and it seems like several people are just glossing over that. It's true the vast majority of runs haven't even made it that far, but the DPS check is likely a factor in people losing faith. You'll even see "wipe" calls if so much as two people die, even though every single group has a RDM and a SMN. If they don't cut out about 2% of his HP, I'll probably start asking people to bring potions. I used some this past week and noticed you can fit two in the second phase. A 5% damage increase on even a few people for 20% of the phase could negate some of those enrages.
    Wait, people don't use potions in current extreme and harder content? I thought melds, food and potions were a baseline expectation whenever seeing the enrage is a possibility. It could partly explain why some people consider extremes to be insurmountable obstacles.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player
    VictorSpoils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    1,063
    Character
    Victor Spoils
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinha View Post
    Wait, people don't use potions in current extreme and harder content? I thought melds, food and potions were a baseline expectation whenever seeing the enrage is a possibility. It could partly explain why some people consider extremes to be insurmountable obstacles.
    Nobody does Extremes at minimum ilvl so potions are pretty much forgone. I don't check everyone's gear but I assume at least most have melds (however much that helps in Unreal) and generally most people have food. IDK if potions were needed for Titan/Shiva/Leviathan, but they definitely weren't for Ultima lol
    (2)

  6. #6
    Player
    Sunhwapark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    733
    Character
    Delivery Boy
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinha View Post
    I thought melds, food and potions were a baseline expectation whenever seeing the enrage is a possibility. .
    People usually only care about food, sometimes they will ask others to pot if possible, but usually it's only like 3/8 members potting anyway.
    Imo people don't really look too muhc into melds nowadays, it's very rarely called out unless you're something like BLM melding skill speed and tenacity then someone will of course question your intentions.

    In my opinion on the Chaos DC at least, people tend to be more relaxed about food/pot/meld in anything below the 3rd/4th Savage fights.
    (2)

  7. #7
    Player
    Iyrnthota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Limsa
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Iyrnthota Sparrow
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunhwapark View Post
    People usually only care about food, sometimes they will ask others to pot if possible, but usually it's only like 3/8 members potting anyway.
    Imo people don't really look too muhc into melds nowadays, it's very rarely called out unless you're something like BLM melding skill speed and tenacity then someone will of course question your intentions.

    In my opinion on the Chaos DC at least, people tend to be more relaxed about food/pot/meld in anything below the 3rd/4th Savage fights.
    This is news to me as well, I thought food/pots/melds were pretty much standard.
    Food always in any content extreme and above.
    I tend to save pots when practising, but in any clear/farm parties, or if I think we're close to a clear I'll pot.
    (1)

  8. #8
    Player
    hagare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,042
    Character
    Cesan Duff
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinha View Post
    Wait, people don't use potions in current extreme and harder content? I thought melds, food and potions were a baseline expectation whenever seeing the enrage is a possibility. It could partly explain why some people consider extremes to be insurmountable obstacles.
    Does meld even matter in unreal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownondorf View Post
    Yes i have and i've got my 4 clears already
    I went DF instead. Already got my 2 clears after reset
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player
    Gemina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Dravania
    Posts
    5,778
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    I can't wait for the return of "Skip Soar or Disband." The meme, the myth, the legend.
    I'm sure it will come up even if only for shizngiggles.

    I am also predicting it will be the next Unreal. I know the devs love this.
    (1)

  10. #10
    Player Deveryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,724
    Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    I'm sure it will come up even if only for shizngiggles.

    I am also predicting it will be the next Unreal. I know the devs love this.
    Zurvan will probably be a lot easier for people to handle than Seph or Sophia. She's gonna be such a nightmare. Even as BLU, the trauma is real.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast