Results 1 to 10 of 15256

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    SturmChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,073
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Halivel View Post
    ‘The value of coexistence will not be found ‘neath a loincloth. Long has our kind endured understanding that the distance 'twixt two bodies does not dictate the distance 'twixt two souls.’” This dialogue is available at Prima Vista up to this day.

    They may not share same roof, but it doesn't mean they aren't close, as it doesn't mean that they aren't the parts of one same society, because they very much are in their own ways.
    Please.. I teared up for a bit there.. such a beautiful quote. Thank you for that, anyway! It's very sad to see viera of all kinds abandon their pact with nature just to go on an adventure trip, I would have loved to see them done in the game - in their full glory - prior to their inclusion (if they really had to be). Ah, what could have been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fukuro View Post
    i don‘t think it‘s an unpopular opinion! lore wise female hrothgar would have made more sense, since they could‘ve been connected to bozja.
    the hard truth is tho female hrothgar was not going to happen. the graphics team started working on male viera in their free time (secretly), as it was mentioned in an interview. i don‘t want to sound harsh but the reality is, the only reason female hrothgar is going to happen is due to high demand for male viera. yoshi p said his stance about the genders didn‘t change (he didn‘t want them included), until the graphics team presented him their work i guess. and if you are going to complete one race, you can‘t just ignore the other.
    even tho i probably won‘t play femhroth, i still would have continued asking for their inclusion. genderlockdd races just leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
    so i think it‘s plausible viera came first, as the more demanded race in general.
    Thank you! Being a long time female hrothgar supporter, I was saddened to see viera chosen yet again over them. A race that adds very little to the game in comparison, in my opinion. SE will probably soon be between a rock and a hard place with their addition as well. I doubt the addition of male viera will be enough for many players. I just don't think they really appeal to any specific niche. They will probably be too tall, for players who are used to their catboys, and too feminine - and short - for players who wanted a conventionally handsome male addition. Speaking of that, while being quite feminine, in my opinion, they aren't androgynous. You can tell they are males - so that niche isn't filled either! ON TOP of being a limited race, so players will probably not be able to use hats, nor any of their collected hairstyles! I just don't see the novelty of 'male viera' lasting more than a few weeks for many players, and they will simply switch right back to whatever they were prior!

    At least with the inclusion of female hrothgar, we could have gotten a strong female race, that would have made the story more coherent, in my opinion, and been quite exciting to see them in action in Bozja! I would have not only loved to see an actual hrothgar queen, but I would have also loved to see female hrothgar participating in the actual liberation of their homeland! Like, why would they be on the sidelines, during such a crucial moment?!
    (0)
    Last edited by SturmChurro; 06-28-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    WHM | RDM | DNC

  2. #2
    Player
    Fukuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    764
    Character
    Oneiron Fuchs
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    Please.. I teared up for a bit there.. such a beautiful quote. It's very sad to see viera of all kinds abandon their pact with nature just to go on an adventure trip, I would have loved to see them done in the game - in their full glory - prior to their inclusion. Ah, what could have been.
    yeah i always read it with frans voice in my head, with that typical islandic accent! reminds me of frans departure in ff xii, brought me to tears seeing her leaving her sisters and tribe.
    https://youtu.be/rB9wIXEQeNo
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    SturmChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    7,073
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukuro View Post
    yeah i always read it with frans voice in my head, with that typical islandic accent! reminds me of frans departure in ff xii, brought me to tears seeing her leaving her sisters and tribe.
    https://youtu.be/rB9wIXEQeNo
    God.. the feels! I'm actually sobbing right now. I wish SE could have done something like that in this game. A proper send off for the addition of male viera! They were done too early! Me saying I wanted hrothgar first, doesn't mean I don't think the addition of viera could have been so much better, rather than being seemingly shoehorned, in my opinion. Sigh..
    (0)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

  4. #4
    Player
    Fukuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    764
    Character
    Oneiron Fuchs
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    God.. the feels! I'm actually sobbing right now. I wish SE could have done something like that in this game. A proper send off for the addition of male viera! They were done too early! Me saying I wanted hrothgar first, doesn't mean I don't think the addition of viera could have been so much better, rather than being seemingly shoehorned, in my opinion. Sigh..
    to be honest, female viera from xiv didn‘t give me that feeling either. i loved the village shown, but i expected the vieras there to be more traditional looking (white hair, darker skin). they only colour their hair when they leave the forest and take on a new name as far as i remember. i also don‘t like that they have chosen frans attire as their racial gear. these things kind of pulled down the immersion level for me at least. but still, ff xiv is not the same as in xii! (i need to keep reminding myself!
    as to male viera, yoshi p said their lore is going to be explored on on a later time. let‘s see what it brings go the table!
    (2)
    Last edited by Fukuro; 06-28-2021 at 09:24 PM.