Quote Originally Posted by Curisu View Post
As you see on the amount of replys, there is no high demand on other translated versions.

German and France are always a bit different in each that matter because we get nearly everything translated and therefore have a good useable localisation infrastructure.
That makes everything faster, cheaper and more profitable.
I think the issue lies elsewhere. With the size the entertainment media has reached nowadays I doubt countries such as Spain or Italy lack the capacity to localise XIV in an effective manner. I remember reading something about the Spanish and Portuguese localisation team being fused together or something along those lines a long time ago, which made things difficult, but I think that were just excuses, as everything they seem to say regarding issues they want to sweep under the rug.
In the end it all boils down to money and if they think it won't be profitable, they won't do it. But will it be profitable if they don't take care of their players? What came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, they are a Japanese company and very conservative at their approach so I guess people are not commenting because after all these years they have assumed it's a lost battle.