(1)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Probably. If Yoshi P is indeed involved with FF 16's development then it's probably a given. No one can say for sure though, obviously.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    Probably. If Yoshi P is indeed involved with FF 16's development then it's probably a given. No one can say for sure though, obviously.
    He stated he wasn't involved in FF16 and would stay with ff14 indefinitely
    (0)
    “Theirs really not much you can change with the MCH”
    -Live letter 66, 9/17/21

Where is the ambition?

Player
    Character
    Samniel Atkascha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Indeed, considering Yoshi-P is at the helm of both, we may ACTUALLY get an event either close to launch or a few weeks after it, as a tie-in. Though considering they'd have to transform PS5-ready assets into PS4-friendly ones, we may have some considerable differences or delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirah View Post
    https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...27636226928646

I'll be the Producer for #FF16 while continuing to serve as the Producer & Director for #FFXIV. I'll strive to do my best on both!! - Naoki Yoshida
    That's false.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Murakumo Bloodedge
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    False. He only condemned the leaks and denied the rumors that he was "directing" Final Fantasy XVI while stating that he's going to keep working on Final Fantasy XIV. He didn't lie about it since he's the Producer of Final Fantasy XVI, not the director.

The Director of Final Fantasy XVI is Hiroshi Takai who was the Assistant Director of Final Fantasy XIV until Heavensward. The Producer of Final Fantasy XVI is Naoki Yoshida who will maintain his status as both Producer and Director of Final Fantasy XIV.

Source 1
    Source 2
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteArchmage View Post
    Indeed, considering Yoshi-P is at the helm of both, we may ACTUALLY get an event either close to launch or a few weeks after it, as a tie-in. Though considering they'd have to transform PS5-ready assets into PS4-friendly ones, we may have some considerable differences or delays.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...27636226928646

That's false.
    That settles that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandroid View Post
    To those saying a crossover would take years after the release of Final Fantasy XVI:

The difference though is that the Final Fantasy XV event wasn't just a crossover with Final Fantasy XIV, it was also a collaboration with Luminous Productions which is a separate Square Enix development division that is now currently working on Project Athia. Yoshi-P also stated that the reason why he doesn't want to do a Final Fantasy VII Remake crossover is because he doesn't want to bother the developers at Creative Business Unit I while they are trying to finish up their game. Collaborations require a lot of input and quality control from the developers that they are collaborating with so that their work is respectfully represented in the game.

On the other hand, a crossover Final Fantasy XVI would just be a crossover rather than a collaboration since both games are under Creative Business Unit III which Yoshi-P is in charge of. The Final Fantasy XIV team doesn't need to go through all of that bureaucratic processes that come with a collaboration especially since the director of Final Fantasy XVI, Hiroshi Takai, was also the Assistant Director for A Realm Reborn and Heavensward as well as one of the Development Supervisors for Stormblood and Shadowbringers. The development team can do the crossover event themselves without the need to collaborate with another party.
    I couldn't of explained it better myself. They have all the means to work on a collab. I just wonder what it would even be, because we don't know enough about the game for that.

They probably won't even think about it until they start making marketing plans around the time of release. Expect your standard Final Fantasy cup-o-noodle/butterfinger/5gum/amazon type of thing around then. Square is going to milk the fact that it's a new mainline title until it's drier than discarded Ascian bodies.

I remember when XV came out and there was an endless amount of collabs. Not sure if that's going to be the new teams style, but I imagine at times the higher ups don't give them all the says In the matters. A CEOs job is to make money for the company.

*Cough*

I just hope that Yoshi P would LOVE doing an XVI collab, and I would also hope they don't miss the chance at making puns of XVI and XIV. I've got many quest or fate ideas already.

"XIVXVI: All The Numerals"
    A little obvious but could be funny.
    "Is that a typo?"
    Would make a funny fate or quest name since it's just XIV switched around.
    "XXVIIV"
    If there is a theme that is a bit suggestive.
    "Not enough belts"
    Cus people say this games protag isn't edgy enough.
    "My fantasy"
    Because everyone seems to have a different idea on what Final Fantasy is. Yoshi P has poked fun at in the past.
    "No-more-mura"
    I don't see how they could use this one because it would be very unprofessional, but I would laugh.
    "Kingdom Come: No Deliverance"
    Because some people thought the game looked like Kingdom Come. :P
    (0)
    Last edited by DamianFatale; 09-17-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2