Results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Shriex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    17
    Character
    Selenae Sith
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 72
    Figured it out - it's because I haven't done the MSQ "Far Edge of Fate" yet. So I'm about 10 MSQs away from hitting that, and only then will the next Summoner Job quest pop up - a level 60 quest that will probably be 11 or 12 levels below my current level by that time.

    Seems like the issue is - because I'm doing the patches and expansions after the fact, I'm WAY outleveling the gatekeeping. I ran into this on my Dancer as well - I hit a wall in my job progression that couldn't be resolved until probably weeks or months of MSQ progress. So I mothballed her and switched to other classes.

    I guess you really do have to focus on the MSQ above all else, and then circle back to do other things...
    (2)

  2. #2
    Player
    MistakeNot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,312
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Shriex View Post
    I guess you really do have to focus on the MSQ above all else, and then circle back to do other things...
    Not at all, but you may need to share the XP among multiple classes to avoid outleveling content.

    In my experience, if you do all available quests, and run only a small number of roulettes, you will get just about enough XP to level up two classes/jobs at once.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    Shriex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    17
    Character
    Selenae Sith
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Not at all, but you may need to share the XP among multiple classes to avoid outleveling content.

    In my experience, if you do all available quests, and run only a small number of roulettes, you will get just about enough XP to level up two classes/jobs at once.
    I wouldn't say "not at all," LOL - by the time my level 60 job quest is available, I'll probably be level 73.

    It's not that big a deal - I can focus on MSQ for a while. But it was confusing trying to figure out why I couldn't advance in my job.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player HeulGDarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    644
    Character
    Heul Darian
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shriex View Post
    I wouldn't say "not at all," LOL - by the time my level 60 job quest is available, I'll probably be level 73.

    It's not that big a deal - I can focus on MSQ for a while. But it was confusing trying to figure out why I couldn't advance in my job.
    i remember being a lvl 70 stuck in ishgard "sniff" , those animas took forever to do.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    MistakeNot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,312
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Shriex View Post
    I wouldn't say "not at all," LOL - by the time my level 60 job quest is available, I'll probably be level 73.
    No need to outlevel content by that much. If you use multiple jobs to share the xp, you can stay close to on-level all the time. But it is your choice how to play the game.
    (0)