Results 1 to 10 of 34

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    ZephyrMenodora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    2,555
    Character
    Zephyr Menodora
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post

    It's ridiculous to get some chores or homework done instead of sit around doing nothing but watch a timer in a game? Okay...
    It's fine to get things done instead of watch a timer - what's ridiculous to me is the need to do this. When I log into a game I want to play, not do chores while listening for a random pop-up or watch Netflix that I will have to pause at a random time. I like to concentrate on what I am choosing to do.

    I guess the other in-game activity suggestions are helpful to some - I find a lot of that boring and not what I want to be doing. I enjoy FFXIV for the main story, dungeons/trials/raids. I play around with glamours and housing but that only provides so much content and at some point you are happy with your glamor and house for the time being.

    FATES are dull, but I guess would help level - except that in Stormblood where I am no one is doing them. They are already tedious in a group let alone soloing them.

    It sounds like this is just how things are - so I unsubscribed for now. It's fine that they created side activities that just don't appeal to me. I'm happy if other people enjoy doing those things. Maybe I'll come back for more story and when things are more active again in case that helps.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Penthea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    3,664
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrMenodora View Post
    It's fine to get things done instead of watch a timer - what's ridiculous to me is the need to do this. When I log into a game I want to play, not do chores while listening for a random pop-up or watch Netflix that I will have to pause at a random time. I like to concentrate on what I am choosing to do.
    Then there's a pretty long list of online games you should stay away from, including this one.

    Don't get me wrong, no one likes to wait but most of us are able to do so without it ruining our day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrMenodora View Post
    It sounds like this is just how things are - so I unsubscribed for now.
    It's not going to change.

    And it's not because there aren't enough tank and healer classes in the game. It's because not enough people play those roles compared to dps. This isn't really something SE can fix. Every mmorpg with a role system like this has the exact same problem. Most players either do not enjoy those two roles or they are turned off by the responsibility that comes with them.

    So when you do resub in the future, don't expect the situation to have improved. It only seems to improve temporarily when a new tank or healer class comes to the game, and then it goes back to how it was before when the novelty of the new classes die down.
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player
    Wissp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    126
    Character
    Annabel Ashcroft
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrMenodora View Post
    It's fine to get things done instead of watch a timer - what's ridiculous to me is the need to do this. When I log into a game I want to play, not do chores while listening for a random pop-up or watch Netflix that I will have to pause at a random time. I like to concentrate on what I am choosing to do.

    It sounds like this is just how things are - so I unsubscribed for now. It's fine that they created side activities that just don't appeal to me. I'm happy if other people enjoy doing those things. Maybe I'll come back for more story and when things are more active again in case that helps.
    I will not disagree that is annoying, but it is the way of the FF14 world and things will never change no matter how much you wish them to.

    The game is NOT going to cater to your needs, wishes, and whims, you have to adapt to it and 'game' the system. This means like others said, do other things during the queue timer, be productive and make the most of your time so you don't feel that it is wasted.

    In fact, REALLY easy thing to do, when you get home from work, turn on the game FIRST thing and queue for the MSQ, then go and do all the home stuff that you would normally do when you get home anyway. I will bet by the time you are done with them, that queue would have popped or be close to it.

    Or, find friends to play with, don't try and solo all the time. When I queue with friends as a DPS, fast pops happen all the time. Also, not EVERY queue is ungodly slow, some actually happen fast. I have had 10 sec dps MSQ queue pops. Also, be SURE to have it where you can enter instances that are already in progress. People get kicked from MSQ runs for various reasons and you can get lucky and get that spot, sometimes when the thing is almost done and get full credit for it.

    Remember, it's on you to try and make a bad thing more bearable because the game itself is NOT going to help you. And if you can't cope with it, well.....
    (2)