Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Player
    Lissandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    761
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 100
    I wouldn't mind. In fact, I would be flattered they liked my layout enough to copy it for themselves.
    (2)

  2. #12
    Player
    Ashiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    258
    Character
    Ashiee Horokeu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 100
    If someone copies a design, that just means that they really like it! Let them enjoy it as well~
    (2)

  3. #13
    Player
    Aelin_Ashryver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,196
    Character
    Aelin Ashriver
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 100
    If someone doesn't want their design copied they can lock their house and not post screenies to public places of it. But no I wouldn't mind personally. I have been running around a lot to see what kind of things can be done with furniture since I'm newer to housing. It's nice to see all the different styles :3 Gives me some good ideas for what I wanna do.
    (2)

  4. #14
    Player
    Gula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,165
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    One of my neighbors copied my bar to a near identical degree. Annoying? Slightly. But I know mine looks better.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

    y'all are kinda dumb tbh

  5. #15
    Player
    Miminming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Arclest Aura
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Apperantly my friend worried people brand us the one who copied things because the other house is a so-so big FC house...

    It does feel great when people are copying my house, however for avoiding future trouble we decided to take this chance to redecorate our house! Now we can play with more housing xd
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player
    Besame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,028
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyanna_Elingval View Post
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

    I don't know why anyone would have a problem with it. I definitely wouldn't.
    I agree
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

  7. #17
    Player
    Hysterior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    2,439
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Miminming View Post
    Apparently my friend worried people brand us the one who copied things because the other house is a so-so big FC house...
    But YOU guys know. That's what matters. Think that every time they get a compliment on their house design, that compliment is for you.
    Also since, you are a lala, you have a lot of emote to annoy them and moke them > Use your lala power.
    (1)

    Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

  8. #18
    Player
    VictorTheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    845
    Character
    Victor Theed
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    If they copied it to a T, like exact items and positioning and dyed same color, etc I'd be aggervated because they just stole my idea.

    But if they liked it and did their own take on it then I wouldn't be upset.
    (2)

  9. #19
    Player
    GojuSuzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    38
    Character
    Cerih Gealai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    If your friend is primarily worried about being branded a copy-cat, then it might be worth removing access to make it 'closed for refurbishment', then when done, taking screenshots or doing a video walkthrough of the property before opening to the public. Post these on various places, both as a way to get a bit of an ego stroke from folk who will love it, and as a public-record timestamped proof of when yours was done. Then if anyone looks sideways at you thinking you're the copier, you can just direct them to the old thread/video. Hell, worth doing just to get some appreciation for your hard work, and if it gives your friend a bit more peace of mind, all the better.

    Reality is, even your new design will be copied by someone somewhere. Many people want to have a nice home but just don't have the imagination, or will to put in the energy, or gil to hire a decorator, and so copy-pasting something you find and like solves the issue. Even those who are fantabulous at it and more than able/willing to come up with great ideas themselves will frequently find something and fall so in love with it that they need to include it (although mark of a good decorator would be to at least modify/customise it a little). You do tend to find there are limited ways you can stick a fishtank in a wall or whatever, so several individuals will wind up with the same thing even without seeing the others'. Obviously entire layouts being carbon copies becomes less likely to be just that, but you do need to know that there will always be someone looking at your stuff and thinking "oh, that's a lot like [Popular Figure] did in that other place, I guess they copied it or at least took inspiration".

    Good that you seem to appreciate that (or at least don't care about what some rando you'll never speak to thinks!), which is good, but it's also understandable that your friend is a little precious about keeping the place unique and special, so no harm getting your due plaudits whilst keeping them happy, too.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player
    Kytrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    716
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 100
    I've never had that happen with my designs (that I know of), but I'd take it as a huge compliment if it did! I work hard to create designs that might inspire others every time I remodel. If they want to lift ideas wholesale from me that's great! I just wish more folks would sign my guestbook lol.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast