Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    ShinShimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Amaurot
    Posts
    125
    Character
    Shin Shimon
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I looked it up once and Crit over Tenacity only gives you a few % dps. As someone who only does casual content, I think I save more time by preventing wipes with duty finder morons due to the extra damage resist than I do from the extra crit damage. I've also heard that even serious raiders use tenacity or vitality during progression, and you're kind of always in that situation even if you know the fight if you aren't doing content with a regular, experienced static.
    (3)

  2. #2
    Player
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    359
    Character
    Edj Ivalera
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Good to know. I've currently been gathering gear with Crit and melding Tenacity when I can but I'm considering going after Tenacity gear instead and stacking Determination and a bit of Skill Speed for my DRK just to try something new.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    Megguido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Minati Illu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinShimon View Post
    I looked it up once and Crit over Tenacity only gives you a few % dps. As someone who only does casual content, I think I save more time by preventing wipes with duty finder morons due to the extra damage resist than I do from the extra crit damage. I've also heard that even serious raiders use tenacity or vitality during progression, and you're kind of always in that situation even if you know the fight if you aren't doing content with a regular, experienced static.
    Except the mitigation from Tenacity will barely make a difference between life and death, so stacking Ten to prevent a wipe is kinda placebo, unless you consistently survive at like 1 or 2k HP after a big hit due to Ten.

    On the other hand, going full Ten meld over Crit melds is a loss of about 100 DPS (so 2-3% damage ?), it won't make a difference unless you want a fflogs highscore, or you're pushing enrage with low level gear. So, if you want to go Det/Ten over Crit, that's fine. The only mendatory meld for tanks is STR on accessories.
    (3)

  4. #4
    Player
    Liam_Harper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3,470
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'd almost say Tenacity has more use in Casual than in Savage, because you never know what you're getting. You get everything from your dungeon healer in Bardams with a 200ilv weapon, to soloing dungeon bosses, to extra mobs pulled, to afk or dead healers at random times, to taking vulnerability debuffs because you barely remember the fight and so on. There are also very few real tight dps checks in casual.

    In savage it's more calculated. Boss auto attack is handled by a certain amount of mitigation and regen, tank busters are handled by a set cooldown rotation. An extra 5% mitigation isn't necessary. Casual is an unpredictable (in a fun way too) mess and that 5% DR may be just as useful as the 2% dps.
    (1)