Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
There is one key thing you are missing here.

Fun is subjective.


The way you have fun might not be the way another has fun. So I mean...it shouldn't blow your mind that some people might not think or have fun the same way as you. Maybe others have fun by getting their rewards faster or they have more fun in full groups than undersize. Everyone is different.

Someone asking you a question doesn't always mean they are looking down on your idea...(unless they be openly hostile/rude about it). They may actually just be trying to understand your thinking or your way of having fun. Why 4 man? Well just answer them honestly...you want to try it for fun. Pretty simple to answer really...why does it get you so upset that they ask?
I understand the subjectivity of it, though I admit in my rant I don't make it obvious that I do. But even though I understand that some people consider it fun to speedgrind to max gear, the issue still remains that, ultimately, the end goal for many of these people is to quit. They just don't seem to realize that that is their true end goal. Presumably they see their end goal as maxing out. But then when they max out, they quit and go max out on some other game. If that floats their boat, then fine, but at that point my own subjectivity comes in and my argument on that point is that such a view of fun is distorted. Maybe people genuinely enjoy being like that. But as someone who has hardcored games in that manner in the past, I'm looking back at years of speedgrinding to max then quitting and laughing at myself for not actually realizing that I should be enjoying the game as it is, rather than only playing to quit.