Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Player
    Vejjiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,344
    Character
    Raelynn Lovelace
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

    New Players I'm begging you

    Please gear up before entering 4 v 4 Ranked PVP.
    I'm seeing a lot of new dps in pvp that are just barely meeting the stat caps for 4 v 4.

    Today I was constantly getting a DPS that was wearing all i145 left gear and a few i145-i150 right side mixed with two i200 items. They mentioned they were i151 which allows you to que up for the feast but makes it impossible for you to do any noteworthy DPS.


    As a Gold healer I was constantly matched up with them for every match due to the Duty finder trying to even out teams, sadly due to this players gear both teams were far from even.

    New players to the feast before you que please make sure your gear is good.
    You need i150 to que but inside there is an i150 synch, this means you need at least i180+ gear In All Slots.
    Your Opponents will be fully geared up, as well as your teamates. Not being fully geared puts you at a huge disadvantage and makes you a liability.

    Credit to Rylor The for making the below image.



    Its a good idea to read up on The Feast before quing and If someone is nicely explaining to you how to do the feast before the gates open, don't tell them to shut up...
    (5)
    Last edited by Vejjiegirl; 09-11-2016 at 08:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Player
    Dimitrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    849
    Character
    Knives Stryfe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Golden rule of Feast you never ever PVP on the weekends, unless you don't give a shit about your ranking anyway.
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player
    Vejjiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,344
    Character
    Raelynn Lovelace
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Got a summoner wearing lvl 50 gloves today... I feel like crying u.u

    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    TiramisuMacaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    317
    Character
    Tiramisu Macaron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    The main problem is the people going into PvP with gear like this are too ignorant to read anything about it first. SE needs to make some sort of barrier to enter ranked Feast :/. I try to help people a ton too, nontoxicly most of the time. I just get a "shut up" or "f you", and the ones who don't say anything just don't listen :/.
    (5)

  5. #5
    Player
    SuperZay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,254
    Character
    Violet Flower
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    I doubt these players are reading the official forum. Or any other FFXIV resources. It's worse on Chaos though, many players don't understand English and don't read the chat, and you see ninjas without poison and astrologians without sect the whole match and warriors with 10 stacks still in Deliverance all the time, especially on weekends.

    I understand SE is trying to popularize pvp, but this complete disaster of gameplay and communication actually turns away real pvp players.

    One of the ways to fix it and to force people to play better is to remove all currency, pvp and especially pve rewards from all lost matches. Right now, for them there's no point even trying as they'll get their eso with any outcome.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Windi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    243
    Character
    Windi Skywalker
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    I wonder if whoever is in charge of the boards is considering on adding PM options so that these guys can nerd-vent all they want without creating the 1,005th "PVP sux the playerbase is going to hell omg Squeenix!" thread.

    But anyway to actually contribute something to this, I don't think creating any further barrier to entry to PVP is necessary as it's already locked behind a min level requirement that can take people weeks to achieve. I'd rather appreciate if the expectations of gear requirements in PVP were made a bit more clear in-game, though.

    Otherwise idk, accept the fact that new players are gonna suck their first few times around, grow up and move on?
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player
    Spirlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania!
    Posts
    130
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I agree that there should be a barrier to prevent these players from entering Ranked PVP. However, try not to scare them away. They probably just unlocked it and want to try it out without bothering to do research. By yelling at them, they won't want to continue, y'know?
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    Vejjiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,344
    Character
    Raelynn Lovelace
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirlia View Post
    I agree that there should be a barrier to prevent these players from entering Ranked PVP. However, try not to scare them away. They probably just unlocked it and want to try it out without bothering to do research. By yelling at them, they won't want to continue, y'know?
    Who said I yelled..?
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player
    Dimitrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    849
    Character
    Knives Stryfe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    If they would just lock these people down to unranked/bronze lobby (hell even silver if they feel there's not enough players in unranked/bronze tiers to consistently make matches) then ppl wouldnt care as much. Just get to gold and you never have to run into ppl like this again (like it was last season and should have remained for this season). But no, as it stands now even platinum and presumably diamond players (had there been any this season) have to put up with this crap with the way matchmaking has been modified for this season. Once you get to 900+ points prepare to be consistently matched up with completely new players in the name of "balance", so fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dimitrii; 09-11-2016 at 02:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Player
    Spirlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gridania!
    Posts
    130
    Character
    Anna Klein
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejjiegirl View Post
    Who said I yelled..?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. :P It was a general statement to PVPers who may encounter these players. I know people who will try out The Feast and get yelled at for not knowing what to do, which makes them never want to play again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast