Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 258
  1. #71
    Player Ilitsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,132
    Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I used to think that "dragoon, Paladin, etc" was reserved for 1.0 players, and that those of us that joined in 2.0 would be relegated as "Lancer, Gladiator, etc", and that they were the exact same, just showed who played earlier and stuff <_< >_>
    (4)

  2. #72
    Player
    Orbiaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    161
    Character
    Ririnzo Roronzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I had terrible macros for whm and arrow macros to change targets. It made my healing terrible. To be fair im on ps4 and it can be hard to put powers where it feels comfortable and efficient.
    (1)

  3. #73
    Player
    Savagelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Gridania
    Posts
    1,712
    Character
    Aribeth Lightbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I will pre-fire a summoner debuff before i near any mobs
    (0)

  4. #74
    Player
    Immut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    483
    Character
    Kaye Esdarke
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 100
    Just now in syrcus tower i was being the absolute perfect scholar, microing my fairy, swapping fairies for WD/FW while keeping maximum uptime on all my dots. I was pretty proud of myself because I'm awful at casters normally.

    Turns out cleric stance never activated and I didn't actually do anything useful at all.
    (5)

  5. #75
    Player
    tinythinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    748
    Character
    Omi Senu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Oh, I am brand new myself, and yesterday or the day before I realized that "The Heart of the Party" isn't just a really prolific FC.
    (9)

  6. #76
    Player
    vanitaslaughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    119
    Character
    Xhu'lahen Tia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Oh, I started out as archer, went bard, and eventually decided to level lancer/dragoon for b4b (I had a few fairly helpful peeps in the fc who helped me lots because they saw potential in me).

    So, I got dragoon to 50 back then for the hell of it and for the achievement and everything (and because I liked it). At the time we had a LOT of bards so whenever we did fc stuff we'd have at least two or three bards, and I always thought dps variety was nice. So I went as dragoon.

    Was good, unless there was a second dragoon... I used to think my disembowel didn't stick... I didn't realise there could only be one disembowel up at a time and that it wasn't a dot like chaos thrust is... so I'd often disembowel combo OVER AND OVER.
    No one ever called me out on it. It was just a weird quirk of mine, they probably all thought (and I went into df as bard, usually).
    Needless to say I got a LOT better since those days last year, ahaha.
    (0)

  7. #77
    Player
    Ehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    280
    Character
    Ehrzeth Lahr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    So my first job was DRG and then I went for SCH and fell in love with healing and then BRD ended up somewhere after those among the other jobs. So these are the 3 that I most prominently remember making mistakes on (aside from the troubles of learning to hold aggro as a tank).

    So didn't do the DRG rotation properly at all when I first started out and just struggled to dodge. Also flipped off the edge with Elusive Jump in Titan and into the death-wall in T5 and T9. I now know the full rotation and can perform well, just not a fan of melee DPS anymore.

    As a BRD I have killed myself multiple times with Repelling Shot. I've done it and fell of the edge in Titan. Another time I was playing it in T5 and hit the wall. I also hit the wall again in T9 while tanking the Golem because I'd use it for movement to get to meteors...buuuut I was on the wrong side of the Golem. I'm a decent BRD, but I prefer to DPS on BLM.

    When I started leveling SCH, I: used Eos on Sic for a while, didn't let the fairy do most of the work, and just struggled in general to balance MP management and keeping up with healing. Also used to do lots of over-healing. Now I practically heal on auto-pilot all the time. Back when I first started healing I never would've thought I'd be trying to get in as much DPS time as possible or letting a tank's HP dip down to 1k and then getting them back up with insta-heals or even solo healing raids or EX trials.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ehr; 04-24-2016 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #78
    Player
    AlphaFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,638
    Character
    Rena Ryuugu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Kinda in hand with Dragoon mistakes, I would wait to use Elusive Jump cus I figured I was in mid-air, this must be invulnerability frame of freedom or it would consider me at the target location but nope. Elusive, land, drop. xD
    (0)

  9. #79
    Player
    Lemuria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,769
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 100
    I played 1.0, so most of my early mistakes are from that era. Mostly, it was picking on enemies which were a thousand times tougher than myself, since there was no easy indication of how deadly an enemy was. The antlions in Thanalan had lalafell for breakfast more times than I can count.
    (6)

  10. #80
    Player
    myahele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    4,651
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    I played 1.0, so most of my early mistakes are from that era. Mostly, it was picking on enemies which were a thousand times tougher than myself, since there was no easy indication of how deadly an enemy was. The antlions in Thanalan had lalafell for breakfast more times than I can count.
    Wow that seems kinda fun not knowing if an enemy is far stronger than you or not. Would add to the sense of danger on the world, atleast until you're max lv
    (0)

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast