Results 1 to 10 of 140

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    UncleCarmine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Character
    Carmine Acciai
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Because by god, I'm the indomitable walking suit of armor standing between 3 to 7 other schmucks and the sweet embrace of death.
    (8)

  2. #2
    Player
    JoelStrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    26
    Character
    Seth White
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCarmine View Post
    Because by god, I'm the indomitable walking suit of armor standing between 3 to 7 other schmucks and the sweet embrace of death.
    I couldn't say it any better than this, that's hilarious lol
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    VanilleFang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,655
    Character
    Uriel Valesti
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCarmine View Post
    Because by god, I'm the indomitable walking suit of armor standing between 3 to 7 other schmucks and the sweet embrace of death.
    That's only partial true. The healer controls the sway over the party's life and death.

    But you keep thinking that, okay? It's cute.
    (5)

  4. #4
    Player
    Soldowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    114
    Character
    Rozalija Zoyasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    That's only partial true. The healer controls the sway over the party's life and death.

    But you keep thinking that, okay? It's cute.
    You're both right. The tank cannot heal with an axe, nor can the healer tank with their face. If you think a healer alone is what keeps the party afloat...well, I have news for you.
    (4)

  5. #5
    Player
    FrejyaAthenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    322
    Character
    Freyja Alfodr
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    That's only partial true. The healer controls the sway over the party's life and death.

    But you keep thinking that, okay? It's cute.
    This is my philosophy:
    The Healer's job is to keep the party alive, while the Tank's job is to keep the party safe. On their own, both are relatively meaningless but when together is when the party thrives. A tad idealistic I know, but what's wrong with that?
    (2)

  6. #6
    Player
    VanilleFang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,655
    Character
    Uriel Valesti
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by FrejyaAthenes View Post
    snip
    Aww, come on now. Paper tanking is a thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldowner View Post
    snip
    I was just joking lol. I would be fked as a healer without a tank keeping those greedy baddies off my sexy ass.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player
    Jamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Uldah
    Posts
    612
    Character
    Calypso Celeste
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    That's only partial true. The healer controls the sway over the party's life and death.

    But you keep thinking that, okay? It's cute.
    Wait, why are you in this thread?
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    VanilleFang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,655
    Character
    Uriel Valesti
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    The amount of people in this thread who can't take a joke is almost staggering. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilite View Post
    snip
    And there was no ego involved. I was making a joke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamillion View Post
    Wait, why are you in this thread?
    I already answered the question before. I was just making a joking reply to someone else's post.
    (2)
    Last edited by VanilleFang; 12-24-2015 at 03:53 AM.

  9. #9
    Player
    Kacho_Nacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    2,698
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    The amount of people in this thread who can't take a joke is almost staggering. >_>


    And there was no ego involved. I was making a joke?


    I already answered the question before. I was just making a joking reply to someone else's post.
    Don't let people get you down, Vanillefang. I thought your jokes were funny.

    Anywho, why do I tank? There are several reasons. I healed for years and needed to try something different. I found tanking to be a nice break from healing.

    It is totally different game than playing the other other roles. Your focus is in placing yourself in the best position while protecting the other three members and letting them they do their thing while being mindful of the encounter mechanics also.

    It's nice to be needed. The plate armor and shield are great too. My lalafell woman looks good in it.
    (1)