Results 1 to 10 of 25

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    spelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    250
    Character
    Light Seeker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 67
    Another really great way to setup your hotbars is to base them on what I'm calling Separation of Concerns:

    - Main Bar is for GCDs I use in my main rotation, 1-6 and QERTFG (easy to reach)
    - My Mouse buttons (M1-M6) are for commonly used DAMAGE oGCDs (easy to reach)
    - CTRL+Mouse buttons is for CONTROLLING pets (SCH, SMN, MCH Turrets) or CONTROLLING damage (Tank Defensive CDs). For DPS, this is where my longer-cooldown offensive oGCDs live.
    - ALT is for Alternative Strategies/Options. Silences/Stuns/Heavies/Sleeps live here, Elusive Jump/Second Wind/Bloodbath on DRG, etc. Used less often

    Because I play multiple classes, I also make things consistent. 4 is my "buff" GCD (Heavy Thrust, Hot Shot, Straight Shot), 5 is my primary DOT (Phlebotomize, Lead Shot, Venomous Bite), M1 is my stun, etc. Obviously, I have a gaming mouse which helps IMMENSELY, but regardless you can see the basic idea. Keeping things blocked off in logical groupings really helps.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    MonkDace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    24
    Character
    Dacien Chevalier
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by spelley View Post
    snip
    Right now my main hotbar is 1: Touch of Death, 2: Dragon Kick, 3: Bootshine, 4: Twin Snakes, 5: True strike, 6: Snap Punch, 7: Demolish. My muscle memory before was tied to "If we are at the rear, odd numbers, if we are at the flank, even numbers" so as you can see, fixing the redundant Demolish problem is tripping me up a little bit unless I can adapt it, otherwise I may have to take your advice and rethink the arrangement.
    (0)