Page 215 of 362 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3617
  1. #2141
    Player
    HiroEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Mikh'i Moshroca
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Noira View Post
    Healing the Vault:

    Pre cast divine seal medica 2, you can tell when he is about fire his aoe off he says something about purging. Final phase when he does the multiple knights in a row plus chain, sometimes you gotta take the knight hit, cast regen on those chained because he might throw the bleeding debuff on one of you.
    The pre cast medica 2 when he does his voice emote I figured out on my own after the first attempt. I'll keep your advice about the chains in mind for future runs. Thanks!
    (1)

  2. #2142
    Player
    Sinaloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    248
    Character
    Sinaloa Dorn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    It´s about not running to the savespots right away. Dodge the knights after his voidzones appear will give you lots of space. Gathering in the middle of a savespot gives you lots of space to break the chains in the savespot. It propably wont happen often in pugs but if everybody does this you don´t have to heal nor dispell very much in there.
    (0)

  3. #2143
    Player
    Aldebaran92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    42
    Character
    Neo Almagest
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Just got another horror story. Ran Dusk Vigil a couple of times earlier today to level my White Mage to 52. Mostly got Warrior tanks, had no problems whatsoever until the final run, where I quickly noticed I had trouble keeping this tank at a comfortable HP level. Checked his gear. His weapon was i90 and could definitely have been better, but the rest of his gear seemed okay at first at i115. Then I noticed that 2 or 3 of his left-side pieces were i49, and they must've lowered his Defense and HP drastically, as I've never had to pop Divine Seal and Presence of Mind that often in any dungeon before. It didn't exactly help that he wanted to speed-run the whole thing and didn't bother with the mechanics at the final boss fight, but at least no one died, although it was a close call a few times.
    (2)
    "Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo

  4. #2144
    Player
    Ghishlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,168
    Character
    Ghishlain Pyrial
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    A tank in my FC and myself were leveling WAR + AST together in the Vault since it's much more interesting than doing FATE grinds.

    And interesting is.. hardly the word to describe this run.

    Well, I'll just point form this Vault run.
    • My WAR was getting all my buff cards because she was out DPSing the other two DPS
    • My DPS + my WARs DPS + my buffs were better than the other two DPS combined
    • BLM was pretty focused on DPSing so wasn't moving outta stuff too much
    • NIN forgot to Venom until about a bit after the 1st boss (after a gentle reminder from my tank)
    • On final boss, was sitting at 1K MP and had to LB2 to try to get everyone's HP back to snuff before the next Altar Pyre
    • Myself and my WAR tank duo'd Ser Charibert from at least 30% to finish (we think that value is closer to 40%)

    Well, at least fate decided to smile upon me and gave me 4 red scrip handins on the node immediately after that instance.
    (3)

  5. #2145
    Player
    Luvbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    691
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroEB View Post
    I don't know if those four wipes were due to the group itself, an issue with my own play/inexperience, or a combination of both. But this is not the first time I've struggled, and it's hard not to feel like it's always my fault. I really want to heal, but I often feel like I'm just bad and no about of videos and guides will help.
    I suggest you transfer to Japanese server. Tonberry would be right at home, very international, mostly english speakers. I love healing, but playing in American servers - there is no way I would want to put myself through the healing nightmares ever again.... The ratio of bad players in Duty Finder is just astounding!! I hated to play as healer in American servers. All the problems are mostly gone in japan servers, you will see the big difference.
    (0)

  6. #2146
    Player
    Zansei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    8
    Character
    Zansei Yumishi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    It was awful...

    So, a few days ago I was running The Vault in dungeon roulette. The run seemed to be going fine until, right near the end of the first boss I noticed something...

    My entire right side went down to 10% durability, and I had no way to repair it.

    Then, as we were running through trash, I noticed the "Monk" was using Fists of Earth instead of Fists of Fire, I mentioned that he should probably switch, to which he replied. "FoF is for a different class"

    Lo and behold he was actually a Pugilist. I asked his reasoning for staying a Pug. "It brings better utility, I can use Goad, Virus, Cure and Raging Strikes!" He then proceeded to ask why his Cure was healing for so little when it had a 400 Potency.

    Anyway, we make it to the final boss after some difficulty and it's just a disaster. The other DPS (Summoner) runs completely out of mana before the boss is even below half HP (He was spamming Ruin 3 and, to my knowledge, never was in Dreadwyrm Trance), the Pugilist was more concerned with "supporting" than DPSing and I was running around with half my gear broken like a failbot.

    We wipe three times and then just quit. It was pretty rough.

    Although I do put some blame on the DPS, there were clearly some issues there unless NOT using your Job Soul is a new meta or something, a lot of the blame goes on me too for not repairing beforehand.

    In my defense though, on our last attempt I equipped lower ilvl gear (Still the same level as the dungeon) and it was still a disaster. I ended up running out of mana after a long slog because the DPS just wasn't there.
    (2)

  7. #2147
    Player
    technole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,976
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    Yeah, the vault with bad dps is really just awful. You have that "soft-enrage" second boss and you will know when it feels like its taking forever, or the last one where the flames just don't end and as a healer you get more annoyed on why this isn't dead yet.

    Will have to say I had a very positive experience when i was leveling warrior recently. I joined an in-prog. Figured there is likely a tank kick or d/c scenario somewhere. Got in where there was only a SCH and a few seconds later a BLM joined. We waited a minute or two for another DPS but it was late in the night still no one, so we decided to three man it, figured it would be fun challenge.

    The second boss we certainly were running out of portal space, but no one got hit by bacon or the portal slows so that helped a lot. I just remember having to move the boss a bit more, and I went into Deliverance several times to help dps more when he really only hits you like a a wet noodle. BLM was definitely playing optimal, and they covered the LB duty well.

    The last boss I can tell they earned their SCH stripes and being a healer main you know when you got a good one. Good fairy placement before they ran the chain, embraces kept coming, indomitability was used as-needed, and they got their dots up while they could. Considering the two of them getting chained they never were in danger at-all compared to some dps out there that think the chain is second fiddle to getting another hit in. But we did it with really little to no danger, and it may have taken a little longer. Absolutely this run could be argued to be much faster than with two bad dps. We chatted a bit after the kill too considering how much fun this run was. Undermanned runs can surely make you push a little more out of your job.
    (3)

  8. #2148
    Player
    Lunaxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,276
    Character
    Pomelo Melo
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Ran Brayflox NM with a newbie Astrologian today.

    To cut a long story short, we could have replaced him with a lamp with the Physik ability and the difference would have been minimal.
    (3)

  9. #2149
    Player
    Yhximott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    126
    Character
    Tamsus Sostas
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Just today I was in Neverreap and had a PLD and a BLM. The BLM was using the lvl 50 rotation so I knew it was going to take a long time, but that's the dungeon roulette for ya. As the dungeon progresses I realize the PLD isn't using any of his CD's either, so I'm also not going to be able to add any DPS of my own to speed things up. Finally, the tank pulls all 4 Divine Vespas, so I'm thinking this is the moment he's been saving his CD's for, but I start spam healing him to max and stoneskinning just in case. Suddenly he takes 3 Final Stings to the face with all of his CD's unused. All 4 Vespas and the Treant turn on me, and here comes that 4th Final Sting. After we wipe, I tell him that it was a bold move grabbing all 4 Vespas, and he says he "always pulls all 4 and has never died," then tells me that I need to become a better healer, gets stung to death before I'm able to even cast protect, blames me and the DPS and leaves with the final word.
    (4)

  10. #2150
    Player
    Violin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    34
    Character
    Indigo Lux
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    A4 - Another AST was with me, decently geared and chose Nocturnal stance. Never used any of the aspected spells, only time they used a shield was when the legs broke and that was rare. Ended up doing 60% of all healing that fight then got upset when I asked him to use aspects abilities next time on upcoming raid-wide damage.

    He was trying to play Noc AST like a WHM
    (1)
    Last edited by Violin; 08-04-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Page 215 of 362 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast